Video of engine knock. Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO not a bearing at all. Check under your valve covers. I'm thinking rocker, maybe pushrod.

btw, that's the mobile link you posted.

Here's for the people on a computer:

[youtube]yM-VrCCpBN0[/youtube]

I came out of a store to the sound of a engine knocking at idle, I laughed until I realized it was my cutlass's engine knocking, sure enough the torque converter bolts came loose, it's a simple check that costs nothing but a few minutes.(had a jeep that did the same). Not saying it is your problem, but it's worth a check.

Oldsmoletick said:
I came out of a store to the sound of a engine knocking at idle, I laughed until I realized it was my cutlass's engine knocking, sure enough the torque converter bolts came loose, it's a simple check that costs nothing but a few minutes.(had a jeep that did the same). Not saying it is your problem, but it's worth a check.
Okay thanks. We're bringing the car to my uncle's barn/garage to work on it hopefully saturday. We're gonna pull valve cover and check converter bolts before pulling engine.

79cutlasssalon442 said:
Anyone know what this knock is? Have been informed that a rod bearing may be loose. Not spun. But loose.
Not sure who gave you that info but I wouldnt take anything they say too seriously from here on out.

79cutlasssalon442 said:
Anyone know what this knock is? Have been informed that a rod bearing may be loose. Not spun. But loose. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yM-VrCCpBN0
the only way a rod bearing can get loose is if the cap has been stretched. Meaning the cap could of been put on backwords and ate the bearing to peices all and all coming to a spun bearing or the motors had the rpms run to hell and back along with mileage. But that will sound like a hollow loud tap. That sounds like its shallow to me like a loose rocker or a calapsed lifter. But id give it the rocker IMO. :roll:

Could possibly be a rod knock. I just rebuilt a 350 that had a knock in park right above idle. The bearings were decent but the crank was scored bad. Had to put a crank kit in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor