Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
  • Winner
Reactions: 2 users

wskirvin

Master Mechanic
May 22, 2017
Indianapolis, In
Clean setup! Dad put a gen 2 vintage air in his IH pickup probably 15 years ago and it was pretty nice. Always wanted to see it on a G body, looks great!

I'm pretty sure he does. $150 isn't bad!

If you are OK doing a lot of work yourself, you can get under $1000 for everything which if you had a butchered stock AC setup it's not bad.

Bad part is getting a hold of him. I've called and emailed several times over the last few months and can't get a reply about wanting to buy the panel

Monte4ever

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 18, 2018
Yes, its sometimes hard to get in contact with him. He's up in age so be patient. At one point I thought he wasnt making them anymore then one day he finally emailed me back.

Reactions: 2 users

wskirvin

Master Mechanic
May 22, 2017
Indianapolis, In
Yes, its sometimes hard to get in contact with him. He's up in age so be patient. At one point I thought he wasnt making them anymore then one day he finally emailed me back.

Good to know, thanks for the info! I'll definitely keep trying!

Burning

Greasemonkey
Jul 9, 2020
Bardstown, KY
So ive called him about a month ago and he said he was going to get me some angles and dimensions so i could make my own panel if i wanted. He then has not responded to emails or calls since the first talk on the phone and follow up email. Monte4Ever do you think you can get me a couple of measurements?

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
So ive called him about a month ago and he said he was going to get me some angles and dimensions so i could make my own panel if i wanted. He then has not responded to emails or calls since the first talk on the phone and follow up email. Monte4Ever do you think you can get me a couple of measurements?
What about using a 'heater-only' box vs the fabricated panel?

opg-ch29175_xl.jpg
The heater-only box looks "correct" for the g-body (under-hood) & they're available from several sources as a bolt-in swap for the originally equipped heat & a/c set-up.

Reactions: 1 users

Burning

Greasemonkey
Jul 9, 2020
Bardstown, KY
What about using a 'heater-only' box vs the fabricated panel?

View attachment 154387
The heater-only box looks "correct" for the g-body (under-hood) & they're available from several sources as a bolt-in swap for the originally equipped heat & a/c set-up.

Im going to use a vintage air box under the dash. I am curious to what the offset dimensions are for the panel to get the box to fit under the dash. I have to make my own panel.

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Im going to use a vintage air box under the dash. I am curious to what the offset dimensions are for the panel to get the box to fit under the dash. I have to make my own panel.
IDK what the dimensions are. I've just looked @ them & considering one if I do an aftermarket a/c install. I don't care for the flat-plates & prefer to keep it somewhat OE appearing even if it isn't OE.

Burning

Greasemonkey
Jul 9, 2020
Bardstown, KY
IDK what the dimensions are. I've just looked @ them & considering one if I do an aftermarket a/c install. I don't care for the flat-plates & prefer to keep it somewhat OE appearing even if it isn't OE.

Personal preference what you want to do really. I like the flat panel with a bumpout becasue i can install my catch can and also bring my holley wiring through it.

Ill probably end up buying a block off panel, have it scanned and then have it cut out on mild steel or stainless so that i can cut it and weld where i need to. I am not very good at aluminum welding lol!

Reactions: 1 user

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Personal preference what you want to do really. I like the flat panel with a bumpout becasue i can install my catch can and also bring my holley wiring through it.

Ill probably end up buying a block off panel, have it scanned and then have it cut out on mild steel or stainless so that i can cut it and weld where i need to. I am not very good at aluminum welding lol!

Exactly.
The flat panels w/the hard edges look out of place to me but works for you. These cars need an old school full firewall w/a 'shelf' that extends side to side like it's predecessors.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor