Vintage Air Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

xylorex

Master Mechanic
Aug 2, 2018
New Orleans, LA
Dang I've looked at that website 100 times and never noticed you could just get the plate! Thanks man
Clean setup! Dad put a gen 2 vintage air in his IH pickup probably 15 years ago and it was pretty nice. Always wanted to see it on a G body, looks great!

I'm pretty sure he does. $150 isn't bad!

If you are OK doing a lot of work yourself, you can get under $1000 for everything which if you had a butchered stock AC setup it's not bad.

I actually had a chance to call arizona gn today.... The guy I spoke to said he wouldn't sell me one (the cowl plate), they only make them when making the full kits now.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user

wskirvin

Master Mechanic
May 22, 2017
Indianapolis, In
I actually had a chance to call arizona gn today.... The guy I spoke to said he wouldn't sell me one (the cowl plate), they only make them when making the full kits now.
I got the same answer a few months ago when I called. definitely sucks

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
20201029_104511.jpg
20201114_134952.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
So what I'm seeing is that I need to clone myself and get into the ac box building business....

Reactions: 1 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
I'm assuming that's a custom made HVAC case. Was it made for heat only, or for A/C as well?
Yes custom made. Made templates out of cardboard and had local place fab it for me. AC for now but I can run heat as well. Have lines for heat installed on unit and if I decide to add it I'll probably run them through existing firewall hole where passenger computer wiring was located. This is using a Restomod airsetup

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Yes custom made. Made templates out of cardboard and had local place fab it for me. AC for now but I can run heat as well. Have lines for heat installed on unit and if I decide to add it I'll probably run them through existing firewall hole where passenger computer wiring was located. This is using a Restomod airsetup
So, does the Restomod setup fit within your custom made case? Does it work through the factory vents?. Just curious about this. Is Restomod a company like Vintage Air?

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
So, does the Restomod setup fit within your custom made case? Does it work through the factory vents?. Just curious about this. Is Restomod a company like Vintage Air?
Yes. Here's pictures of how it sits without plate in place. Without having it kick out into engine compartment there is no was it would fit with dashboard
20201019_104653.jpg
20201019_104701.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor