Votes: 10 22.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

2fit661ca

Master Mechanic
Nov 16, 2009
Fairfield, IA
What is the GREATEST GM big block of all time?? Vote above, and campain below. 😀

Every engine has its strengths and weaknesses.

I chose the 425 Olds over the 455 due to the rod to stroke ratio. The 425 will typically out rev as well as create more HP than a similar 455 but loses to it in the torque department.

Now my 455 is a bit of a combination of the two, using the 425's crank, offset ground back to the 455's 4.25" stroke using a BBC 2.200" rod journal size, 6.990" rods and custom pistons. A little bit of the best of both worlds. 😉

FE3X CLONE said:
Every engine has its strengths and weaknesses.

I chose the 425 Olds over the 455 due to the rod to stroke ratio. The 425 will typically out rev as well as create more HP than a similar 455 but loses to it in the torque department.

Now my 455 is a bit of a combination of the two, using the 425's crank, offset ground back to the 455's 4.25" stroke using a BBC 2.200" rod journal size, 6.990" rods and custom pistons. A little bit of the best of both worlds. 😉

so... wanna meet up this summer to help me build mine?

OH sh*t SON!! :lol: Now you gone and done it!

All three are totally different.
The only parts that interchange between the three are distributor caps and thermostats.

Everytime I look at the things I think they look the same. I like the 455 rocket motors. Had a buddy with a 442 and he would do a burnout on a full tank and be almost empty at the end of the show. I thought mopars were gas hogs lol

I'm a Pontiac guy but I know the Buick 455 is the lightest of the bunch and can be built for awesome power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor