Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Buick 425 Nailhead

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cadillac 500

Votes: 10 22.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that they're all awesome but the Caddy 500 is the best!

1.) Caddy 500
2.) Olds 455
3.) Cevy 427

First the B*tch slapping :lol: , BOP are all different animals.

Second, beating a dead horse, Pontiac is NOT a big block. :roll:

Last , greatest for what? Torque, horsepower, street, race, cost etc etc etc?

shotgun...you should give up trying to educate them on pontiac engines cause for the number of times you have pointed out that pontiac never had big block (or a small block for that matter) not many seem to be able to grasp it.

plus the chevy big blocks that aren't listed -502 and 572 kill any of the engines on that list.

Pontiac,
the 502 or 572 were never mass produced. He's just listing the original big blocks.

Shotgun, that's why I asked cause I know Olds and buicks had big blocks but I never heard of a pontiac big block.

2fit661ca you should change the Subject to avoid confusion: "What was the best GM PRODUCTION/FACTORY Big Block"

1) Chevy 427 for top end horsepower, higher RPM engine
2) Chevy 454 or Buick 455 for low end torque monster beasts (I'm partial to the 454 though)

If we consider aftermarket, I'd say the new Pat Musi/Edelbrock crate 555 EFI is top dog. Strong parts, built for nitrous, can handle 91 Octane pump gas, torque monster and high horsepower, smooth running. Got one in my GP! 😀

You should post a similar poll about aftermarket engine setups or crate motors.😉

patmckinneyracing said:
Pontiac,
the 502 or 572 were never mass produced. He's just listing the original big blocks.

Shotgun, that's why I asked cause I know Olds and buicks had big blocks but I never heard of a pontiac big block.

the 502 was used in various fleet and service vehicles in the late 80's and early 90's and the 572 can be bought from GM performance and it has a GM part number and was built on a line

id say my vote goes to the 454. my dream car growing up was a 67 GTO with a blown 454.

That 4 door guy said:
id say my vote goes to the 454. my dream car growing up was a 67 GTO with a blown 454.

that is so wrong to put a chevy engine into a goat.... :evil:

a nice pontiac blue 326 HO or 400 is the right engine for a 67 goat

I've always liked the underdogs:
The Caddy 500 is great at what it does - Lots of torque and docile manners. I think they make good street motors.
The Buick 455 has a bunch of potential. Big bore and short stroke is a fun combo. Several years ago, Car Craft did a "Big Block Shootout" using parts as comparable as possible. The Buick really left me impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor