Wagon exhaust

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirellinyh

n00b
May 28, 2008
I, sadly, just had to pull the entire exhaust system out of my wagon. Does anybody know of a good company that makes wagon exhausts. I need a dual exhaust system and also any suggestions for headers would be nice as well. Edelbrock 350 sbc is the engine.

pirellinyh

n00b
May 28, 2008
Nothing there that will fit a wagon. Asked if we could piece one together but it doesn't look too promising. Any more ideas, anybody?

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
Do you "need" true duals?

What horsepower are you pushing?

My wagon has a 350 based off the Edelbrock performer package,camshaft, manifold and TES headers.

It merges to a widemouth Monte SS cat. convertor then splits again to daul 3" pipes, mufflers and tails.

You will need to tweak it around the gas tank.

All was installed by the previous owner. I am still in contact with him if you need more details.

joe_padavano

Royal Smart Person
Sep 13, 2006
Northern VA
BSMExhaust said:
If the wagons wheel base is the same as the El Camino, the Pypes SGG20 may work. http://www.pypesexhaust.com/sys-elcamino.html

ElCos have a 119" wheelbase. All other G-body cars (2dr, 4dr, and wagons) have a 108" wheelbase. On the other hand, since the wagons and 2drs have the same wheelbase, everything except the tail pipes fits just fine. If your concern is that you want the tailpipes to exit the sides behind the wheels instead of straight back, just get some mandrel bends and cut and weld to fit.

blown78

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 19, 2009
i used an exhaust kit from jegs http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/30556/10002/-1 and made it fit with a little extra pipe and cutting. I do not have any pics but i will tell you what i did. I started at the back. I cut the pipes after they go over the rear end. Sot instead of running down the rear frame rails and exiting at the bumper it dumps after the rear wheels. I ran the exhaust to the crossmember witch i baught from jegs. and added a couple of inches of exhaust pipe. I used cherry bomb extream mufflers. there very small so if you use normal mufflers you may not have to use extra pipe. i also use the headers that they suggest and the whole kit worked great for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor