Wagon picture thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

clemsparks

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 26, 2009
Columbia MO
How about a Buick 455 and 200-4R?

If I happen across a 455, it would definitely be a cool one to put in here. But the odds of that are REALLY thin. Stranger things have happened, though.

I thought about BOP power of some sort...but then I thought about how much I like the serpentine belt setup that is so readily available for the SBC. I've been collecting the serpentine accessory setups for projects like this. Makes for a cleaner and more reliable swap.

Great to see another ‘83 Regal wagon! Nice find! (y)

Thanks! I'm excited to drive it some day.

Nice score there, Clem.
Looks like a nice solid Regal wagon. Now let's see some progress on that baby.

Thanks. I have 10+ projects going at any time (not all of them automotive). I'm sorry to say I'm not a very entertaining build-thread guy. I wish I were, but I make progress when it makes sense and hop from project to project where the momentum dictates. When I seriously get started on this project, I'll be sure to start a thread. But it will move more slowly than will suit most folks. Still...I'm excited for it.

Last edited:

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
The '78 harness used all the larger bulbs...1156-57 type, whereas the '79 up used a combination of 194 and 1156 bulbs and sockets. I actually had to modify my harness to the '78 configuration swapping a few of the bulb sockets.

If you look at the shape of the taillight housing, it will fit in one way.

So I saw you guys talking about 78 taillights being different. I have a 78 Elky and went to check it out. Sure enough, reverse lights are outside. Opposite of my 81 wagon.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
So I saw you guys talking about 78 taillights being different. I have a 78 Elky and went to check it out. Sure enough, reverse lights are outside. Opposite of my 81 wagon.
Yeah, the '78 lenses are one year only, which also makes them a bit harder to find compared to the '79+ ones.

Reactions: 1 user

Local Hero

G-Body Guru
Nov 24, 2016
Northcoast, Cleveland, Ohio
This car is my winter beater/year round utility vehicle. I've had it a little over a year and wasn't able to spend any real money on it as I'm between jobs right now. I had to resort to using whatever parts I had laying around or even rob stuff from the car that this one replaced.

As I got it:
IMG_2948.JPG

IMG_2950.JPG

IMG_2952.JPG

And after some clean up and parts swapping. Function over form was of upmost importance here.

IMG_3062.JPG

IMG_3056.JPG

IMG_3057.JPG
IMG_3055.JPG

IMG_3058.JPG

IMG_3052.JPG

Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
It looks pretty clean overall. These cars have always been handy for carrying stuff. I always liked the utilitarian aspect of them.,,and they still attract attention.

Thanks for sharing the pics. My car had done it's share of winter driving duty back in the day. That was up north.

Local Hero

G-Body Guru
Nov 24, 2016
Northcoast, Cleveland, Ohio
It looks pretty clean overall. These cars have been handy for carrying stuff. I always liked the utilitarian aspect of them.,,and they still attract attention.

Yeah, it's a California body that is really solid. No rot. But the pics make it appear better than it really is. It has more dings and dents than a golf ball.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Yeah, it's a California body that is really solid. No rot. But the pics make it appear better than it really is. It has more dings and dents than a golf ball.
I did notice some dings and such, but it still looks good. It's a cool driver. It looks good with either set of wheels,

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor