Wagon picture thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
Welcome aboard Landon.
Always good to see another G-body wagon.
Looks like you found a great starter project. The price was right, too. I think it looks good with the IROC wheels. Keep us up to date on your progress.
+1 for the IROCs. They look pretty good on there.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Those are '78 only tail lights for wagons & El Camino/Caballero

right i know the 78 tails are a one year only. but shouldn't they installed to look like this?

(this is a 80)

80wagon.jpg

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
MVC-751S.JPG
Zac.
Those look like the later taillights. The '78 type require using a different taillight harness.
Here's the lenses on my car. They're European and use the '78 configuration.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Interesting. My 78 wagon had 78 tails on it but the reverse lights was towards the inside still. Maybe whoever had it before me had them installed wrong/backwards. I since have changed to the 79+ wiring harness and 79+ tails. Just thought all of the light had the reverse light towards the inside.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
The '78 harness used all the larger bulbs...1156-57 type, whereas the '79 up used a combination of 194 and 1156 bulbs and sockets. I actually had to modify my harness to the '78 configuration swapping a few of the bulb sockets.

If you look at the shape of the taillight housing, it will fit in one way.

Reactions: 1 user

clemsparks

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 26, 2009
Columbia MO
Here's the '83 Regal Wagon I picked up one year ago this month.

FXuRHyI.jpg

It was originally a V6 Diesel. I didn't even know there was such a thing until I saw the ad for this car and did some googling. Apparently someone took the original engine out years ago and it sat inside a building in its current state (with some V8 BOP engine/transmission sitting in the engine bay but never completely installed). It has relatively low miles, a straight body, as little rust as I have seen on a G-body in 20 years, and even the interior is in pretty good shape (except for the headliner, of course).

kqVJ1MG.jpg

DdmbMp5.jpg

My plans are to keep it looking just as it does with the exception of wheels. Haven't decided what to do on wheels yet...it will just depend on what I find that I like. Or I may use these, at least for a while. I already have them (they've been on 2 projects of mine so far)...they're currently on my '65 Skylark 4 door):

x4O8Jxu.jpg

I've decided that a carbureted Small Block Chevy will be the easiest, lowest cost engine to install and will work well for my intended purposes with the wagon. That is...Cruising with the family, road trips, general driving enjoyment. I want it to have working a/c (that'll be a first for me with a project car). I have a deal in the works to pick up a wrecked Vortec 5.7 powered truck. I expect that engine will find its way into this car with a carburetor on top. But things frequently change...since my projects progress so slowly.

I purchased the car in February of 2017 (all of the photos posted above are from the day I got it) with no title. I managed to get a title thanks to the help of a friend with a law degree. I'm excited to start actually working on the project soon.

I'm on the lookout for a 200-4r core to have rebuilt locally. It seems that would be a great fit for this car.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Nice score there, Clem.
Looks like a nice solid Regal wagon. Now let's see some progress on that baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor