Wagon picture thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce Compton

Greasemonkey
Jan 17, 2010
This is a photo of my stock eliminator 83 wagon at the 2004 Seattle national event. The car lives in Florida now.

Attachments

• brucecomptonphotos.jpg
    brucecomptonphotos.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 1,534

Nozer

Greasemonkey
May 7, 2011
Macedon , NY
IMG_20121117_143142.jpg

I know its dirty and stuff but its my build in progress.. gonna paint it 2 tone black with copper roof/hood.. got gnx fender vents too.. building my T56 now and mating it to a vortec 454 out of a one ton chevy dually...

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Lookin' good, Nozer.
Were you able to find a frame or frame rails?

Nozer

Greasemonkey
May 7, 2011
Macedon , NY
not yet.. just gonna drop it out in January and check on the damages.. See how bad it is. I know the 2 rear passenger frame mounts arent attached to the body so i may just bust out the welder and go pro touring on the frame. Lower it all the way around. make a corner carver out of it. Frames are absolutely impossible to find for the wagon and although i know there is a guy who makes the rear horn extensions , i still would like to mini tub etc...
you know how it is once you get *ss deep in a project you end up neck deep before you know it .

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Nozer said:
not yet.. just gonna drop it out in January and check on the damages.. See how bad it is. I know the 2 rear passenger frame mounts arent attached to the body so i may just bust out the welder and go pro touring on the frame. Lower it all the way around. make a corner carver out of it. Frames are absolutely impossible to find for the wagon and although i know there is a guy who makes the rear horn extensions , i still would like to mini tub etc...
you know how it is once you get *ss deep in a project you end up neck deep before you know it .

I'm sure you'll come up with a viable solution. You might be better off just repairing your frame. At least you know what you have. Buying a frame from someone, unless you're right there looking at it dead-on, it still might have it's share of problems.
Besides, shipping a frame could get real costly.
While you have the frame out, check around the body mount holes. They are known to become elongated from rust...that dirty word.
Hey, I know what you mean being *ss deep in a project. You reach the point of no return. You either see it done to the end, or scrap the whole project. But usually at that point you already have too much time and dough invested in it.

Mystery_man

Apprentice
Mar 16, 2012
Nozer said:

There is a wagon shell for sale around my area and I have a buddy that hauls cars for a living. I could always go look at it and take pics of the frame ect for ya. Retired and have time to spare.

Nozer

Greasemonkey
May 7, 2011
Macedon , NY
Mystery_man said:
Nozer said:

There is a wagon shell for sale around my area and I have a buddy that hauls cars for a living. I could always go look at it and take pics of the frame ect for ya. Retired and have time to spare.

that would be awesome.. where are you located.I'm in western ny.? Ill pm you

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor