Wagon wreck- unbelievable

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
UNGN I was not trying to trigger any PTSD. It got my attention being a G-body wagon. For as cheaply as we think these cars were built they seem go do OK in bad crashes.

Only onboard plane crash videos trigger PTSD for me :)

We went 450 - 600 feet flipping and rolling after hitting the wall. I wish I hit a concrete barrier that knocked over and absorbed some of the impact and not a dirt hillside.

The wagon damage and my cars was very similar, the frame bend, the A-pillar/door frame/roof distortion, windshield cracks, so the initial impact angle was probably very similar. We did a complete fwd flip in the air and landed on the rear bumper so our hang time was a little more.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
Thats almost as the "Dirty 30" wreck.
This guy was at our local "Midnight Madness" several times..................mostly sideways. I wondered how long it would take him to pile it up.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Dae-umm!! What got me was he punched that section of Jersey barrier out of the road on his way to a fire. Those barrier sections are Heav-vy and don Not like to move unless you have a large forklift or some kind of crane.

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor