Want Some Honest Opinions...Thinking of selling my Cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
I love my car, and other cars I have owned before this one but when you need the cash the toys have to go!

I drove my beloved Cutlass to the shop, cut it up with a torch, sold the saveable parts on the spot and destroyed the carcass like an x-mas turkey in the need for cash ( the little that I got for it ) so I know the feeling well.

Bottom line is that a car is a possesion. If it becomes a weight around your neck it has to go regardless of the personal attachment. Your car has become the ultimate model car built but built in full scale. However there is no sense in putting it on the shelf to collect dust due to finances. Sell it for what you can and move on. You know further down the line there will be money for diff cars when the time allows.

Just my $0.02

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
Just my $0.02, I say you should get a job, or another job for the extra cash. Don't sell. Just saying. You're gonna miss her as time passes and these cars get even more rare, trust me, you WILL regret it. It's safe to say that you will have a very hard time ever owning a car like this in the future when finances are "better". If I were you I'd do whatever I had to, to get the needed cash even work 2 jobs before selling the Olds -- If that's a feasible option that is.

marcar1993

G-Body Guru
Aug 31, 2007
New Jersey
If you have to sell, then sell. But realistically, $6500 is what you should get, not a dime less and maybe even more and you'll never get it in today's market or for that matter ever to date with a g body cutlass. Maybe in 10 years + but $6500 is a completely restored cutlass and then some.
I'd hang onto it if you can. I'm not on here much so I don't know a whole lot about your situation, but do you have a garage or safe storage spot for the car? If so, STORE IT! It doesn't cost anything to park it and leave it be til $ picks up and you have the time and drive to finish it and enjoy it how you want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor