Warning Chime Differences/Modules?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
Can anyone tell me if the chime modules in G-Bodies have the 7-prong connection like this? I know it looks like only 5, but there are 4 on the bottom and 3 on the top. Thanks.
s-l1000.jpg

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
As an aside, appears the '84 C4 Corvette chime has 4 prongs, whereas the '85-'89 has 7. The chime modules from about '85 through the early-mid '90s (before they were integrated into the BCM) all seem to have 7.

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
Interestingly, some of the Cadillacs had an actual physical mechanism with a little knocker that hit a glockenspiel-like bar. It looks like this:

$_57.JPG

Something like this might be my only option, since it's an older electrical architecture, but not being solid-state, the longer-term reliability concerns me. If the "knocker" gets stuck, it doesn't work anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor