Water pump plug size ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021
What's the correct plug size for a gm long water pump ?

20220218_082655.jpg

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
Keep in mind when you are buying parts your car has been modified.

When searching for anything on the front driven by the belt you need to search for something else like maybe an 89 Camaro with a 305. Not sure what car, we can only guess since someone else installed that stuff.

water pump
fan clutch
fan
alternator
power steering pump
ac compressor
pulleys and brackets
Those will all come from car X which will be a later chevy.

If I recall the carburetor and distributor are also not stock and will come from car Y an earlier non CCC chevy.

This is normal for old modified cars I have much worse with a chevy with an olds engine, cadilliac transmission, ford rear axle, blazer spindles, camaro brakes. on and on.

Reactions: 1 users

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021
Keep in mind when you are buying parts your car has been modified.

When searching for anything on the front driven by the belt you need to search for something else like maybe an 89 Camaro with a 305. Not sure what car, we can only guess since someone else installed that stuff.

water pump
fan clutch
fan
alternator
power steering pump
ac compressor
pulleys and brackets
Those will all come from car X which will be a later chevy.

If I recall the carburetor and distributor are also not stock and will come from car Y an earlier non CCC chevy.

This is normal for old modified cars I have much worse with a chevy with an olds engine, cadilliac transmission, ford rear axle, blazer spindles, camaro brakes. on and on.

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021
Reverse rotation is counterclockwise and standard rotation is clockwise when it comes to GM water pumps and engine fans ?

Or vice versa ?

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021
There’s no way this can be real.
I've stated it plenty times... I'M HERE LEARNING !!! PLENTY OF OTHERS ARE !!!

At some point in life you did too and asked the same damn questions. Nobody here was born with the knowledge they have now.

Grow the **** up, unfollow my threads, and quit sabotaging my threads with toxic and negative comments, so others will chime in to do the same, turning this thread longer than it should be...

I've asked that multiple times in other threads that you and others have acted in...at this point, its harassment...you all are following my threads just to talk sh*t to, degrade, and disrupt someone trying to learn... Like the class clowns you are...

Get a ****ing life...you and the rest of them who do the same...

Never seen nothing like it...smgdh...sick of this bullshit...

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
G-Body of the Month
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
1645219522273.png

• Useful
Reactions: 4 users

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
I've stated it plenty times... I'M HERE LEARNING !!! PLENTY OF OTHERS ARE !!!

At some point in life you did too and asked the same damn questions. Nobody here was born with the knowledge they have now.

Grow the **** up, unfollow my threads, and quit sabotaging my threads with toxic and negative comments, so others will chime in to do the same, turning this thread longer than it should be...

I've asked that multiple times in other threads that you and others have acted in...at this point, its harassment...you all are following my threads just to talk sh*t to, degrade, and disrupt someone trying to learn... Like the class clowns you are...

Get a ****ing life...you and the rest of them who do the same...

Never seen nothing like it...smgdh...sick of this bullshit...
You’ve been told numerous times that you’re engine has been modified. The engine might be an 84, but is using an updated accessory drive. All you do is yell back at the people that try and help you. You were told way back in the timing chain thread. So then what do you do, you ordered a water pump for an 84. Then when someone said it’s wrong you show that it fits an 84. You should do what I did when I was learning. I shut up and listened to people that tried to help me. It’s your car. I honestly couldn’t care less if you put the wrong water pump on the car and blew up your engine.

• Winner
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor