Water pump plug size ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021
What's the correct plug size for a gm long water pump ?

20220218_082655.jpg

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Reverse rotation is counterclockwise and standard rotation is clockwise when it comes to GM water pumps and engine fans ?

Or vice versa ?
Standard pump is clockwise. Serpentine setup is counterclockwise. Thats why you need the right pump and matching fan. Alternator and PS pump will be clockwise.

Reactions: 1 users
Nov 4, 2012
Yes young man you are being mean. Now we won't have any way to unload all that extra Suburban popcorn we still have on hand. Should of waited until this hit a hundred postings. Now back to the baement & sharpen those chains.
One Crazy Summer 80S GIF by Warner Archive

Sorry I ruined the party.

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021
You’ve been told numerous times that you’re engine has been modified. The engine might be an 84, but is using an updated accessory drive.
And all of that is understood...
All you do is yell back at the people that try and help you.
Yell ? Lol help me ? ... Clearly I haven't "yelled" at anyone, just stated my opinion vs opinions...why is that taken as aggression ?

I'm respectful to those who are respectful to me...isn't that rule of thumb in life ? ...Or these days, I'm supposed to show respect when I'm disrespected ? ...where has yesterdays common sense and morality went ?🤦🏾‍♂
You were told way back in the timing chain thread. So then what do you do, you ordered a water pump for an 84. Then when someone said it’s wrong you show that it fits an 84.
Lol in that timing chain thread, did we even discuss water pump rotation when we discussed the later adaptation to my 84 engine ?
No... This statement is irrelevant, because you assume I'm just supposed to know the entire difference of v belt and serpentine belt brackets, because someone tells me, in another thread, my engine has "a truck setup"...and from there on that statement alone, I behold the knowledge to identify reverse and standard rotation of the belt setup, the water pump, and the fan...

I wish I was just born with this knowledge, like you guys...🤷🏾‍♂
You should do what I did when I was learning. I shut up and listened to people that tried to help me.
I don't understand where your defining "help" by being told to just quit and buy another car, or being ignored for validating the answers given to you that don't make sense the first time you're told, or provide opposing information and evidence, or just being ridiculed and thread jacked for just asking questions to things you don't know...

I'm all up for "shop sh*t talk", arguing, and debating with others on a respectful level, but not when we're throwing low blows that are personal, irrelevant, and off topic are being thrown, and to sit here and stoop down to that level of engagement with others is immature to me.

As there is a difference between those who are actually helping me and those who are here to be the class clown, and I'm not wrong for calling it out...should've been done a long time ago honestly.

I honestly couldn’t care less if you put the wrong water pump on the car and blew up your engine.
Then want genuine help do you have to offer to anyone wanting that of someone else's ?

You don't even have to comment with an outlook like that...

• Haha

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021
Yes young man you are being mean. Now we won't have any way to unload all that extra Suburban popcorn we still have on hand. Should of waited until this hit a hundred postings. Now back to the baement & sharpen those chains.
One Crazy Summer 80S GIF by Warner Archive
My point exactly, I leave for 24 hrs to come back to nothing to offer towards the topic of discussion...just turns into a classroom full of "teachers" degrading the student asking "stupid questions"...

Now watch the toxicity continue as the class clowns respond to my comments I made this morning, taking forever to get through to the answers I need...🙄🤦🏾‍♂...

Sometimes I think to myself, why even bother looking for help here ?

But then I remember the ones who are actually helpful and aren't in the group of clowns trolling me and engaging in the disrespect...

Any who...the new water pump was returned, and I'm using the old water pump which has this hole plugged up and I do not need to know it's size.

pagrunt ..."basement", not "baement"...

End of discussion... 😎

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor