Weight of front end

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Anyone know the approx weight of the front end of a cutlass supreme 231? I am trying to get the correct springs this time.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
Well if you say an average GBody weighs 3400lbs and divide that by 4 ... I would say go with an 850lbs spring :idea:

This is entirely a guess, but it makes sense in my head :lol:

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
RITTER said:
Well if you say an average GBody weighs 3400lbs and divide that by 4 ... I would say go with an 850lbs spring :idea:

This is entirely a guess, but it makes sense in my head :lol:

True, then if we could understand what teh weight ratio usually is front to back as well.

Still searching on that.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
G-Body_Vet said:
Have you taken a look at a Moog spring chart by chance? In your other thread you mentioned the 5608's, but those are intended for HD V8 applications with a/c. There's also a rear spring chart in this link if you scroll down.
http://jeffd.50megs.com/Moog_Spring_Page.htm

Yea,

I have studied that chart and it has me confused as hell. How could a shorter spring be heavier duty?

I should just put the v6 springs back in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor