Welding PSA: DON'T DO THAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Wow... reminds me of one of my Army stories. We're doing a field exercise in Korea, and we see a helicopter circling overhead. Not a common sight. Next thing we know it's landing within 200 feet of us. Little short guy comes running over yelling about us smoking. Mind you, he's a one star General. We'll we were standing about ten feet from a 10k gallon fuel truck full of JP8. Basically high quality diesel fuel. Told us to put our cigarettes out. Being a good soldier, you never leaver your cigarette butt on the ground, because you'll be picking it up later. So I threw mine in the five gallon pail that was being used to collect the leak from the fuel truck pump nozzle. Went right out. Evidently he had never tried to light diesel fuel in his own tent heater.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
A good friend of mine got blown through a brick wall after he was welding on a hogfat tank. I have welded on a lot of diesel fuel tanks the right way. I spent eight months in a hospital after being lit on fire. I am familiar with the that stuff unfortunately. It is also why I am hard of hearing and have some wicked scars. If you are going to play with fire be smart about it, or you will get burned bad.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Wow... reminds me of one of my Army stories. We're doing a field exercise in Korea, and we see a helicopter circling overhead. Not a common sight. Next thing we know it's landing within 200 feet of us. Little short guy comes running over yelling about us smoking. Mind you, he's a one star General. We'll we were standing about ten feet from a 10k gallon fuel truck full of JP8. Basically high quality diesel fuel. Told us to put our cigarettes out. Being a good soldier, you never leaver your cigarette butt on the ground, because you'll be picking it up later. So I threw mine in the five gallon pail that was being used to collect the leak from the fuel truck pump nozzle. Went right out. Evidently he had never tried to light diesel fuel in his own tent heater.
Korea?a helicopter??who are you my father? :D

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor