WENT TO TRACK TONIGHT

Status
Not open for further replies.

beeterolds

Master Mechanic
Dec 15, 2007
Cleveland ohio 44131
Buick 455's are badass motors..but they were badass in the early 1970s... it would probably cost you $2000 more to make the buick produce what your producing out of your 6.0

LS1GN

G-Body Guru
Aug 7, 2011
Central Florida
I used to be all into Mustangs and have had a handful of 5.0 cars. I used different heads and got used to seeing those SBF intake and exhaust ports.

When I got this LS and took the manifolds off, I must have gasped out loud! I was shocked at how huge the ports were in comparison. When I got the intake off, I was stunned again, the intakes are even bigger. These LS heads, even the factory ones, flow a massive amount of air/fuel. It is obvious when you look down in there and can see almost the entire backside of the valve.

79GP6.6L

Greasemonkey
Jul 7, 2006
Upstate NY
Re: help with board tech

LS1GN said:
I have a 3:23 out of a third gen T/A. I have Mickey Thompson 255/50-16 DRs....they helped my 60' from a 2.3 down to a 1.7

I'm curious about how you got that rear to work in your car. Did you weld upper control arm mounts on to it, or did you keep the thirdgen torque arm setup and fabricate a torque arm mount for it to attach to your transmission?

Black Sheep

Master Mechanic
Sep 24, 2010
Waynesville, Ohio

79GP6.6L said:
LS1GN said:
I have a 3:23 out of a third gen T/A. I have Mickey Thompson 255/50-16 DRs....they helped my 60' from a 2.3 down to a 1.7

I'm curious about how you got that rear to work in your car. Did you weld upper control arm mounts on to it, or did you keep the thirdgen torque arm setup and fabricate a torque arm mount for it to attach to your transmission?

Just the gearset, not the whole rear.

79GP6.6L

Greasemonkey
Jul 7, 2006
Upstate NY

Black Sheep said:
79GP6.6L said:
LS1GN said:

Just the gearset, not the whole rear.

Oh ok. For a second I thought he came up with a new way to do the GNX thing.

Kinda like this.
beineke_buick_gnx_02_.jpg

LS1GN

G-Body Guru
Aug 7, 2011
Central Florida
Yeah, the GNXs have no upper control arms. Kirban in Pennsylvania is selling a conversion kit for 8.5 rears.

I used upper control arm relocator brackets (people call them anti hop bars) they completely change the geometry of the rear end. If I ever go with an aftermarket rear I will try to do the same thing - I'm happy with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor