wet sanding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

87montecarlomrc

Master Mechanic
Mar 11, 2010
Oklahoma
ok i just painted my car today and its not bad really for my first time with clear but my question was how long should i wait to wet sand and buff it, its got orange peel some and i want that gone

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
What does the manufacturer of your clear coat recommend? I know with House of Kolor, you need wait 24 hours.

carmangary

G-Body Guru
Oct 13, 2009
If you want to make it a lot easier look into finishing film. It's basically 2000 grit sandpaper on a DA sander. You use it dry. No mess. It's fast. And pretty much idiot proof. It's expensive, though, and you need a special lightweight DA sander. The results are worth it, though. I used it on my car. The paint job turned out like crap but I used that stuff on it and then buffed it and now people regularly stop and about who painted my car or that it is an awesome job.

87montecarlomrc

Master Mechanic
Mar 11, 2010
Oklahoma
yea ive had an idea how to do it and ive done it before just not a hole car at once and i wasnt 100% on how long i should wait and i know everyone on here has helped me out alot. so i thought it couldnt hurt to double check and thanks alot it helped

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor