what 4 speed manual transmission fits on a 1970 455?

Status
Not open for further replies.
maverick_124 said:
lol do it, you wont!

Ha! You obviously don't know me at all. I get ideas and parts start appearing in the mail. 455's end up in my garage. Hard to find parts come out of the wood works.

The vet in my screen name means veteran, as in Marine Corps veteran. I know a little something about mission accomplishment. :wink:

My original plans were for a 200-4R, so go for it if you want to buy the stuff. I imagine rowing gears with a 455 would be a good time though 😀 .

Besides my car is dismantled and won't be on the road for at least another year. My pile/collection of parts need to start getting installed at some point!

lol mine ain't no better then yours tho all the parts are there...i need new a new gasket, new fluids, fix the driver door so i don't have to SLAM it to close it...replace the window seals...find a way to bolt in my seats o.o...drop tank, clean, re-install, fill...title, register, insure...ect...lol oh and get new valves for the rims xD

You're still way ahead of me!

1978GrandPrix061.jpg

1978GrandPrix.jpg

1978GrandPrix121.jpg

Coresupportrefurbish012.jpg

1978GrandPrix160.jpg

1978GrandPrix179.jpg

lol yeah, but my car will be that ^^ in the remote future...im gonna build a new frame for it..gonna tube it 😀 make it as safe (cage wise) as a nascar race car..hence, why i want a 4 speed stick haha id LOVE to get a nascar transmission..but who knows what they use >_>

Yep, cars are never done. I've owned so many of these over the past 20 years that I want to make this one a nice car. All of things I wanted to do when I was younger, I'm going to do to this one. As always it's a matter of money & time.

i hear ya on that..lol im only 21, so im hoping to do everything i want to THIS car haha even if when im 30 its just a shell of what it was factory..which i hope it is lol just a shell on epic everything else..

I like the MY6 in my El Camino. While officially a truck transmission, it's a variant of the New Process A833 ("Hemi 4-speed") and very durable. The GM version is technically a 4-speed but 4th is an OD, which is nice with a torquey engine like a 455. There are several case styles, both cast iron and aluminum. You would need the traditional style front bolt pattern to use with a Gbody bellhousing. There is also a MY6 specific case also that will not work with it. You may have to machine the front bearing retainer down to Muncie/Saginaw/T10 size too. There are adapters available to bolt a MOPAR A833 to any GM bellhousing. Some info:
http://www.hotrodreference.com/102/mopa ... ar-ratios/
SANY0005.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor