What a crappy day!! **problem solved**

Status
Not open for further replies.

86CLCruiser

Apprentice
May 4, 2008
Well it all started off good enough, i got the tags for my Monte and it was all downhill from there. Whne i pulle dit off the driveway for it maiden voyage, i had to pick-up whatsoever. So after putting to work, i started fiddling with the timing, guess what, that was the problem, so the day has an upswing. But after work, when it was time to take my son to his mothers house, we hopped in the car and took off. Got there no problem, coming home, i dunno what happened. The car started spitting and sputtering and the died. Luckily i got it into a parking lot. Upon further investigation, i noticed when i turned the key, i didt hear the fuel pump kick in and when cranking i smelled no gas. So my options are:

1- No gas.... guage read 1/4 tank, so doubt it.
2- Bad fuel pump
3- Fuel pump relay
4- Fuse

All in all, pretty crappy day, gonna go get the beast running again in the morning...... hopefully

Monnie

I will kepp everyone posted on my dilemma

Either fuel pump or relay. Put a few gallons of gas in and still no fire. Duped soem gas in the TB and it fired right up, so i kow its a fuel delivery problem

**PROBLEM SOLVED**
replaced the fuel pump relay, and suddenly heard the pump priming still no fire. So i dropped the tank and pulled the pump, only to find the the pump was pumping, but the hose that runs from the pump to the cap was split from top to bottom. So i replaced the 20+ year old pump and all the hoses and VROOM. I still need to replace the filter, i couldnt break it loose so i soaked it in WD40 and will try again friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor