Spring, Texas
That's a damn shame.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
That is a waste of a car.....Mr Sony could use the front bumper, fillers and header....:)
Never had fillers, but sh*t I'll take what I can get at this point. :p

Reactions: 2 users

pontiac guy

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2016
Royse City, TX
I want to t roof my GP and would be willing to kick in with you guys to save what can be from that car. We could all pool for what we want and someone local gets it and parts it out. I won't be in that area until November ish but o could have my friends come get the stuff I want. Any interest?

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
That is a damn shame. It looked like a nice clean body until the vultures got to it.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I spent a good bit of time (nothing else to do on my back here) looking at these pics and heres what I decided:

1) I don't think it was hit and then cut away
- the roof shows ZERO buckling from any angle. Any hit hard enough to affect the inner quarter would buckle.
- If the quarter wasn't hit hard enough to buckle the roof, you wouldn't cut the inner quarter, both lesser invasive and unnecessary repair avoidance.

2) Its an odd option package. I have a set of those wheels and would love another (they're 14x6 and almost opposite what the 15x7 turbo cars ones look like)
- that said, to a ttype or GN owner, its JUST a plain regal. Probably was cheaper to buy that and cut what they wanted as a donor (plus get gm steel) than to try ordering inferior aftermarket parts that will dent in shipping.

Would I cut it? No way. To me its a shame but we don't know how many years ago this was done either. It feels like deja vu that I may have seen this some time ago as well. Am I surprised someone did? Not too crazily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor