• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuggy24g

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2008
Newtown PA
www.myspace.com
I was talking to a guy about starting a club in Philly as you may or may not know. He said it would be a great idea since California has a big gbody run/ gathering. He told me that my only problem was that gbody owners are older guys and they do not like to go to car shows. So I was kind of scratching my head. I for one thought that younger guys like them since the cars are cheaper then your normal muscle car and that there are a ton of them out in the market. Easy to work on and parts are easily available. You can do basically anything to these cars. So I assume that younger guys like them, but maybe I am wrong.

Well i am 31 but have been through 20+ gbodies been building them since i was 17 yrs old. I would still go to a show if local. Age is just a number i may speak for some older guys here when it comes to cars we are all still young at heart. The love dont fade with age.

my 86 cutlass was my first car, its one year younger than me, and i've owned it for 11 years

I haven't owned alot of cars (or trucks) over many years (I'm 65), but most have had the man pedal (I like rowing my own :?: ). A couple of my more fun rides were my 63' split wndow 327/340 horse-power/4-speed Corvette,and my 67' Camaro RS/SS convertible (350 w/cam & solids, headers, high-rise w/modified Q-jet,3:73 posi, and a C.R. 4-speed). I got hooked on El Camino's (64' 283/4-speed, 69' 350/4-speed, 78' 305/auto :roll: loaded, and my 80' that I've had about 20 years). So I guess you could say my El Camino's got me into G-bodies!
My 80' will be a 350/4-speed when completed.
Doug

chevy2480 said:
Well i am 31 but have been through 20+ gbodies been building them since i was 17 yrs old. I would still go to a show if local. Age is just a number i may speak for some older guys here when it comes to cars we are all still young at heart. The love dont fade with age.

You make some great points man. Also if you have a facebook check out my club if your interested in joining

24 here. Had my Buick since I was 14

I'm 36 now, bought my first g-body at 17 ('79 Malibu). Off the top of my head I can count 13 other g-bodies that I've owned. They're the ultimate budget muscle car.

As for the car show thing....it's not that people wouldn't be interested in going, there just aren't enough hours in a day. Priorities change and you have to take care of home first.

Ugh!!! I'm 53 yrs young!!!!!
I think you will see more guys my age get involved because most car owners want what they had when they were in their teen years and try to relive the childhood....I bought a 78 black/gold two door console/auto car brand new and a 80 gold/gray grand am new...I love the gbodies although they are growing very scarce...In my opinion these cars are going to do nothing but go up in value in the future because my generation will get more interested....I may be wrong , who knows....But if I was one of you young whipper snappers , Id be looking at buying up as many as you can to hold on too.
I also own a 1936 Nash Lafayette 3 window coupe with a rumble seat...It is extremely rare and only two others known to exist in the U.S. It need completely restored but is a cool looking car and is sitting in my garage....The gbodies are a steal right now for what you get for the money and I look forward to finding a Grand Am soon...Grandamman has one just like my black/gold car but it needs a little more than my new purchase of a 78 Lemans that for little or no money will be done with dual exhaust, new paint and mags wheels and tires....shortly! :mrgreen:

I'm 59, president of Wheels That Heal Car Club http://www.wheelsthatheal.com/ and I go to 12-15 shows/cruises a year, sometimes more. I've made multiple trips to The Woodward Dream Cruise, Daytona Turkey Run, Cruisin OC and many others. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor