Votes: 18 8.7%
  • 61-70

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • 71+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i am 28 i own a 87 monte carlo ss t-top had her since i was 26!

38 here, and have been driving and owned G bodys since I was 16. I have 4 Montes now. I have had a few affairs; I had a run with 92-94 P71 Crown Victorias (cop cars), F350 4x4 trucks, a few Mustangs, a motorcycle, and most recently, Astro and Safari vans...mainly cause I have 4 kids. Everything gets heavily modified, lol.

I am pleasantly surprised to see how many members are "young" guys, as in, not driving (many not even born?!?!) yet when these cars were made. This gives me hope that tehy will live on well into the next few decades. I got my licence the year the last G body rolled off the line, and drove an '82 Malibu in high school. It had several motors, from a 229 v6 to a 455 olds.

A friend told me a decade or more ago that the ('80s) Monte Carlo (or any G in my opinion) would be the next '57 chevy.

rlsllc said:
A friend told me a decade or more ago that the ('80s) Monte Carlo (or any G in my opinion) would be the next '57 chevy.

A random guy stopped by one day when I was workin on the car and asked to see what I was doin with the cutlass. I was paranoid thinking this guy could be lookin to steal my car or something. Then he kept goin on and on about some tri five he had when he was young and how the small block sounded just like it and he said the same thing to me that g bodies are gunna have a huge demand and be very expensive when I get old and fat. He said he wished he kept his car, knew his stuff pretty good
but I was still paranoid so I took the shifter cable out for a few weeks since the car was immobile anyway :-?

custom442 said:
rlsllc said:

A random guy stopped by one day when I was workin on the car and asked to see what I was doin with the cutlass. I was paranoid thinking this guy could be lookin to steal my car or something. Then he kept goin on and on about some tri five he had when he was young and how the small block sounded just like it and he said the same thing to me that g bodies are gunna have a huge demand and be very expensive when I get old and fat. He said he wished he kept his car, knew his stuff pretty good
but I was still paranoid so I took the shifter cable out for a few weeks since the car was immobile anyway :-?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

custom442 said:
rlsllc said:

I will agree, g-bodies are getting to be very popular around where I live. I keep getting more and more people checking my car out, and I see more on the road as time passes. Last year I only saw a few, and this year I keep seeing them all over.

Have had one since I was 16. Started with a two-toned 80 Monte and now at 40, almost 41 have a 78 Monte (second one). Been driving them for 25 years. LOVE THEM!!

Attachments

• 100_1135.JPG
    100_1135.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 688
Ok i`m 46, 47 in 2 weeks and my Lemans is my 3rd a/g body. My first was a 79 Grandam bought in 84 and scrapped 6 years latter with no frame left. My 2nd was another 81 lemans 2 door which I was unable to finish the buildup and sold when kids came along and took all my time and money. I`ve had my current81 lemans for 3 years now (kids are grown) and it ain`t going nowhere!! As far as younger kids being interested in them, it`s not surprising since the are affordable and can accept any v8 made. While we all would like a 60`s muscle car (I want my 69 GTO convertible back 🙁 ) They are unaffordable for the average working class guy (or gal) to buy and build-up.

As far as car shows and such, We have 2 huge one with about 1000 cars that I attend every year along with 5-6 local cruise ins during the summer and a few friday night street drags.
Dean

I'M 59 FOR A COUPLE MORE MONTHS, AND I STILL HAVE A NEED FOR SPEED. ALLS I DO IS SPEND MONEY ON CARS. I PROBABLY WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO RETIRE BUT I WILL HAVE ALOT OF CARS IN THE GARAGE. I BOUGHT A 09 PONTIAC G8 GXP A COUPLE YEARS AGO. JUST HAD TO HAVE THE FASTEST FACTORY PRODUCTION PONTIAC BUILT BEFORE THEY SHUT DOWN. I DON'T DRIVE IT MUCH SINCE IT IS REALLY HOLDING IT'S VALUE QUITE WELL. I DON'T WANT TO DO ANY MODDING TO IT BECAUSE I THINK IT WILL BE WORTH MORE IN STOCK FORM. I CAME UP WITH AN IDEA TO START FOOLING AROUND WITH MY 88 MONTE SS THAT HAS BEEN SITTING IN THE GARAGE FOR ALONG TIME. IT IS A TOTALLY ORIGINAL CAR WITH 20K ON THE ODOMETER. I DECIDED TO PUT A NEW LS3 CRATE ENGINE IN IT AND HAVE SOME FUN WITH IT. THIS IS REALLY TURNING INTO A MONEY PIT. IF I EVER GET IT DONE I THINK IT WILL BE RETTY CRAZY. IT SHOULD BE SOMEWHERE AROUND 550 HP. JUST WHAT AN OLD DUDE NEEDS TO GET HIMSELF IN TROUBLE. WE ALSO HAVE A 1988 CUTLASS SUPREME CLASSIC BROUGHAM IN THE GARAGE. IT HAS 10K ORIGIANL MILES ON IT. BEATIFUL CLEAN CAR. HAVE HAD IT OT THE OLDS CLUB OF AMERICA NATIONAL SHOW A COUPLE TIMES. IT SCORED 987 OUT 0F A 1000 POINTS BOTH TIMES. THE CAR IS IN SENIOR PRESERVATION AFTER JUST 2 SHOWS. I DO ENJOY MY G BODIES.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor