What are you doing to your car this winter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get the frame and body back together on my 87 442. Then it's on to the suspension work.

Overhauling my 7.5 rear. Most importantly changing gear ratios and adding a 7.625 posi from a certain cool guy here on the forum (*cough*). Also going to try to track down a decent car cover since my dad's '65 Biscayne is hogging the garage. Speaking of that though, that's the other thing I'll be doing. Try to find time with my dad to get that thing running. It's been apart for a handful of years now and the powerglide has since sprung a leak and dried out. If we can get his 4-speed parts in there and get a carb back on it then maybe we can finally move the thing for the first time in quite a while. That would be a nice Christmas present for the both of us just to hear it run again.

I hope I dont miss anything but here are the plans.

Strip the rubber coating and por-15 the underside of the car.

clean up and por-15 the engine compartment.

Dump in my motor and transmission once its done

Fuel system, (cell, pump etc..)

Cage

Rear axel with 4.56s possiblly going with a 9inch

Rear suspension.

I have my eye on the top step G-body performance suspension kit from UMI Performance. I have not purachased the kit yet as I am waiting to see if there will be a Thanksgiving sale (hint hint UMI...?). Regardless, I plan on bolting that stuff up over the winter and after doing so I can't wait to drive it again in the Spring.

Driving it. But first this short break for the Atlantic Coast Fall Surf Fishing Season! 10' surf rods fit these wagons perfectly.

I am hoping to finish up on the engine swap in my Grand Prix. I just haven't been feeling in the mood to really work on it. Especially when I'm broke and can't afford to buy something I need for the car. Of course it didn't help matters any either that the guy that was helping me had $13,000 worth of his tools stolen when his garage was broken into. He's still dealing with that mess (insurance companies are a f-ing joke). Basically all I have to do is hook up the exhaust to the manifolds, fill it with coolant, drop in the distributor and get a carb and hook it up. Its just a matter of motivation that I haven't had to deal with it.

on the 442 clean wax . and do headliner . Then cover and put up on stands till snow is gone. Go through the 6 or 7 power seat tracks I have and make as many as possible work .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor