What are you doing to your car this winter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much everything. I do most of the work in the winter and drive the car in the summer. Last summer I built a motor, swapped it in, swapped in a new trans and crossmember, stripped out all the unneccessary crap, new gauges, lightened the car, built a new carb, and tuned, etc, new rims/tires.

This winter I was planning on building a 383 but my trans just died. so now I need to build a cheaper motor, probably a 350. 🙁 and buy a new trans.

also im thinking of doing some more lightneing - maybe chromoly front stuff and parts from Iceman Racing. also still accumulating parts for my 8.8 swap...probably will be done this winter too. will be a good winter for the car 🙂

-Tim

Hopefully I can get my weatherstrip all done, clean up the engine bay, recover my headliner and hopefully I will be able to turn my Regal into an alcoholic. Hopefully it won't get to cold around here this winter, don't like trying to heat the garage in -20 weather.

Chris

Well I am going to tarp the El Camino. Put my 83 Cutlass under the carport, and continue my slow progress on the 79 Cutlass. Then when tax time comes around hopefully get some new parts that I cant afford.

It may not be winter quite yet (knowing buffalo it will be snowing soon), but here's my plans for this weekend. Tear down engine and install BTR prepped #5 heads, and BTR alternator bracket.

I will also be pulling my motor out..Gonna go with a hyd.roller cam, get some headwork done and maybe then I can get to the 11's on all motor!!

pulling my engine out too, re ring it, add a roller cam and the ez efi....build the T5 so it can handles little more power..and repaint the car.

pulling motor and rebuild. I hope, at the least, ican at least roll my car 6 inches to keep the P.O.A. Off my back. It's been sitting for 6 years.

Well my pipe dreams are never ending. I would like to at least get a distributor together and another rear with 3 something gears and a posi. That would make me feel accomplished. I would also love to start accumulating parts for me dream 403 stroker build, but we've gotta see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor