What are you running for mufflers on stock 442 exhaust?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oxide80

Greasemonkey
Sep 10, 2016
Maine
Is anyone running anything other than the stock muffler/resonators on the factory vin 9 exhaust system and how does it sound? Eventually it will get true duals but thats not for a while.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I can tell Hooker Aerochamber mufflers sounded amazing, I had the Hooker cat back on my Cutlass. You need a small body center inlet an outlet body muffler to fit, correct? Unfortunately, the Walker system has some of it's parts discontinued, their replacement mufflers looked like a good design. You could always go with a short glass pack. https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/sum-630802
Do you still have a catalytic converter? That quiets the exhaust as well. Here are the Walker part numbers an pics.
http://tech.oldsgmail.com/exhaust_walker.php

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

oxide80

Greasemonkey
Sep 10, 2016
Maine
Cat has been hollowed out, and it does have some rumble to it, sounds ok for what it is. I was looking at those Glasspacks, anyone else run them??? Id like to hear it before I buy them!

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Most glass packs sound similar and will sound good behind an Olds V8. I have full 2" dual exhaust with angled 2" glass packs into 2.5" tail pipes that exit behind the tires, they sound decent.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Not an olds, but my Buick 350 is 9.5:1, 2.5" downpipes and 8" cherry bomb M80s for exhaust.

How it really sounds is at the 1:15 mark.

Kinda sounds like the General Lee lol. Well, they did put glass packs on them, so I guess it would sound similar.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor