What are your dreams for your G-Body?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-83MONTESS- said:
Finish the 425 olds engine, build a 2004R, find a 12 bolt with 3.90ish gears (posi of course!) and find a nice fuel injection system for it 8) Im finishing the interior up now so all thats left is body work!
if ya need beermonkey9417 can burn ya a copy of the video hes got. its the one he used to rebuild the 200-4r.

For my 1985 MC SS:

Vortec 8100 (I have one one a stand in the garage)

T56 Magnum (on the wish list)

9" with 4.10s and a Detroit Locker (under the car now with Hotchkis arms)

B-body spindles with 12" brakes (in a crate, I need the 7" top A arms)

Centerline Champ 500 wheels (I have a like new set of imitation ones in the garage)

Exhaust and stereo that make your ears happy.

For everything to work like cruise and A/C, and to not overheat.

And this part is not a dream: My wife is pushing me to get it done. Really.

Vaguely:
Something mean, fun, and responsive yet still the relaxing cruiser that it already is. I love to drive my insanely slow car. :lol:

Specifically:
-350 of either Buick or Chevy make
-Limited slip differential
-Light blue metallic paint or satin black. Keeping the chrome either way.
-140 mph full sweep speedometer (maybe)
-Extreme sway bar suspension from Hotchkis (assuming I can't afford the setup from DSE)
-tighten up the steering a bit, maybe a new steering box ratio
-HID lights (probably)
-Fix my tape deck and upgrade my speakers
-Electric radiator fans
-Dual exhaust with cut-outs

Passing Thoughts:
-Manual Transmission
-Turbocharger(s)
-2" cowl hood or "Stingray" hood scoop
-GN/SS/NASCAR type rear spoiler
-Fuel injection
-8.5" Rear
-8" or wider 16" rims
-Rear disc brakes

Dress up the motor as soon as i get it back so it looks respectable with the hood up :mrgreen:

Cowl induction hood.

front bucket seats, interior color change to white with red accents.

Lord knows i HAVE to do something to the dash!

Taller gears for a little better launch, but not enough to ruinate the fuel milage. Btw, suggestions on this? its got 2.77s im thinking 3.11s or something? fell free to PM so's we don't :hijack:

a satin black paint job, wheel well chrome, air conditioning, a radio, a 700-r4, a 9", a supercharged fuel injected 572... this could go on forever.

I've done most of the above, so for me, I need a B&M Mega Blower, or 6-71 equiv on my 502, and a 9" 2spd diff.

In the short term, new tires, and some lightweight rims for the drag slick, and an interior redo.

For me it would be:

New all black interior - plastics and all
Big Block 454 or LS Series engine
Stronger rear than the stocker I'm on now
Would love to someday do an air ride kit on it

As far as short term goals:
Drive the hell out of it (little hard while i'm in school 3.5 hrs from it)

I have a list 4 pages long, not a small list, about 100 things on each page that I've thought out to do. I've narrowed down about 25 things to do before getting inspected, which is my first dream for the car 8)

But I had some luck with that one, I went to a texas inspection place to ask em if it'd be good to go without brights/speedometer/parking lights and some other stuff. The guy goes, what car i di'd on? I say a cutlass. he goes, daaamn son bring er up an i'll get you out da doe.

i love my car, cuz you could tell he wouldn't hook me up if I had a '68 cougar or some old mopar.

oldiejams said:
dream on mcss said:
tc1959 said:
I wish I could see the face's of my a$$hole family members,
When they find out that I am leaving my El Camino to my wife's nephew :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

LOL I imagine itd be like the end of the movie Gran Torino when there reading his will and he leaves his 72 Gran Torino Sport to the asian kid. I always love the look on there faces everytime i see that movie... Anyway, whats my gbody dream? TO OWN ONE!!! LoL!!!

craigslist: i got one for 600 with running v6. smoking like crazy but it still ran lol now it doesn't because this master mechanic casey (me) starting taking stuff apart.

I love that movie, my wife say's that guy is me just with a different car :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor