What coolant are you guys using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
I have 3 vehicles with dex cool in them and they run just fine with zero issues. They are an 07 STS, 07 Sky, and my last is the oldest a 1965 Buick Wildcat with factory engine. The PO used dex cool after they pulled and flushed the block and and heater core along with having the radiator re-cored. And that old sled runs cool as a cucumber in 95+ degree heat in town or on the interstate.

So I've not had any issues with it, and all my other cars run Old School Green antifreeze, the 79 Scout, 85 Bonneville, and 95 F150.
Nice collection of rides 👌 👍

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
I went with Dex cool 😎 Zerex brand if it matters. Plus a dose of Redlines water wetter. Still filling slowly through top radiator hose. Had to pull intake manifold 3 times due to a leak at rear passenger steam vent fitting. Darn Lsxr manifold needs slight shave at that corner. Nothing like having to take a file to your very expensive intake. I'm pretty sure I can RR manifold blindfolded
This was based on things said here and elsewhere and your positive results Mr 500/600

I always wonder when someone asks a question and gets 30 conflicting answers, what direction they actually take. Looks like you’ll either have a positive experience or your engine will suffer a horrid sludge filled death. I’ll bet on the prior no matter what you use. And the Water Wetter surfactant is a good choice. Just my opinion though.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Green global coolant in everything I have to open up. Makes it easy for the next time. In case you haven't heard of it, the global coolant mixes with all types. Regular old green, orange dexcool, yellow Ford coolant, etc...

Reactions: 1 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Green global coolant in everything I have to open up. Makes it easy for the next time. In case you haven't heard of it, the global coolant mixes with all types. Regular old green, orange dexcool, yellow Ford coolant, etc...
Didn't know that...

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I believe most of the green coolant sold now is actually the global coolant. Look closely on the front of the container. They will say mixes with all types of coolant.
20200910_200528.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I believe most of the green coolant sold now is actually the global coolant. Look closely on the front of the container. They will say mixes with all types of coolant.
View attachment 156876
In the garage I got 2 gallons of conventional green antifreeze from O'Reilly's that is listed for pre '95 GM & pre 2000 Ford & Chrysler.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor