What coolant are you guys using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

303'505rollin

G-Body Guru
Sep 4, 2020
Colorado2newmexico
I used dexcool in my 77 CS it didn't like it heater core went out after 2 weeks and my radiator is sludgy but its stock in my 04 envoy xuv and in my 08 cobalt SS, cobalt no issues the envoy eegh sometimes will bubble over for no reason but not much

303'505rollin

G-Body Guru
Sep 4, 2020
Colorado2newmexico
But I do like water wetter for the summer and cruise nights never had an over heat sitting in traffic not moving but a car length or two, I'm using that in my 84 caprice but I need to swap it out before winter so I would like to know too what would be best, I don't think I'll go DeX cool

Neill

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 7, 2014
Roanoke ,VA.
i don't know the specifics why they want you to use it but it does seem like people aren't very happy with the way it performs.the old coolant has been around forever and it's been in all kinds of cast motors so maybe it has something to do with the construction of these LS style motors.
I would avoid it in any engine, including LS.

78chevolds

Greasemonkey
Jun 25, 2013
I used green coolant for my daily driver Cutlass, but use DexCool for my Camaro. Mainly it is because it last longer between changes. I know they had problems with DexCool with later cars, but my Camaro is all stock and the heater core has never been replaced.

Tuffregal83

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2016
Lockport, Il
Back in 02 when I bought my GMC 2500HD the first week I had it I pulled out the dexkill and went with the green and never looked back. Saw to many 96 newer cars and trucks that needed engines after 4 years old.

303'505rollin

G-Body Guru
Sep 4, 2020
Colorado2newmexico
Nope after today's vs I'm not using dexcool my envoy started overheating in 50 degree weather towing an empty trailer after giving it a drain and fill 2days ago and was fine before, I drove it all day after I did it no leaks no nothing I was good to go I thought :mad: going back to green tomorrow

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
*Wait, you guys are running coolant?*

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor