What coolant are you guys using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I don't. I think it was a post from someone I trust that I took at face value years ago.

I can't find that info anywhere.....I wonder if someone here who is using dexcool if they can put a hole in their rad for me and let me know if the dexcools plugs it up....if it doesn't blame that guy....thanks... :popcorn:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I can't find that info anywhere.....I wonder if someone here who is using dexcool if they can put a hole in their rad for me and let me know if the dexcools plugs it up....if it doesn't blame that guy....thanks... :popcorn:

For what it's worth it didn't work on the heater core in the wife's Envoy. Talk about a nightmare job.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

Cajun83HO

Greasemonkey
Aug 3, 2016
Louisiana
Harbor freight sells Peak 50/50 green for $8.50 a gallon. That's what I use in my iron 307, iron/aluminum 5.3 but use a Ford type for wife's Exploder because it was in warranty. Was.

AndrewMrChevy

Apprentice
Dec 4, 2011
Lima, Ohio
The new DEXCOOL is formulated special for the Aluminum in your engines, radiator and water pump.

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
Just wondering because I'm at the point where I want to fill.
Dex cool or ???

So after asking this question and getting every alternative opinion, what choice have you made?

Tuffregal83

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2016
Lockport, Il
Daily drivers get 50/50 green or yellow
I started to run water and royal purple ice in the regal this summer and temp stays at 180 so I'll be running that in all the summer cars.

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
So after asking this question and getting every alternative opinion, what choice have you made?
I went with Dex cool 😎 Zerex brand if it matters. Plus a dose of Redlines water wetter. Still filling slowly through top radiator hose. Had to pull intake manifold 3 times due to a leak at rear passenger steam vent fitting. Darn Lsxr manifold needs slight shave at that corner. Nothing like having to take a file to your very expensive intake. I'm pretty sure I can RR manifold blindfolded
This was based on things said here and elsewhere and your positive results Mr 500/600

Last edited:

Tucker H.

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 19, 2020
I have 3 vehicles with dex cool in them and they run just fine with zero issues. They are an 07 STS, 07 Sky, and my last is the oldest a 1965 Buick Wildcat with factory engine. The PO used dex cool after they pulled and flushed the block and and heater core along with having the radiator re-cored. And that old sled runs cool as a cucumber in 95+ degree heat in town or on the interstate.

So I've not had any issues with it, and all my other cars run Old School Green antifreeze, the 79 Scout, 85 Bonneville, and 95 F150.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor