What did you do at work today?

Dayzedandkonfuzed

G-Body Guru
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
Somebody stole my loader this morning, was gonna bring it back in a couple hours. It's now been 9. I was supposed to stay a couple hours overtime to do some work in the yard with the loader, so instead, I'm going to go resurrect a 68ish Toronado that's been abandoned here for who knows how many years. If it starts, and I can get papers for it, I may just be stupid enough to drive it home (2600km)

Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Rough day at work probably the best part of it was my body man picked up his tools. The worst was all the paperwork I had to do with the new girl. She's got 0 body shop experience but she wants to learn so I think it's going to work. The girl that was in my office gave notice then went out with COVID seems convenient but whatever I had to replace her anyway

Reactions: 3 users
Nov 4, 2012
Reactions: 1 user

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Nothing exciting, did a quick dirty document review and finished turnover. 'twas my last day as a tester, next week I'm off on leave, and the day after Labor Day I start my new assignment downtown Colorado Springs for which I am unusually and uniquely qualified for. Hopefully I get a stripe out of it. Going to work at STARCOM, equivalent of a USAF Majcom.

Reactions: 3 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Sunny, warm wind, and some humidity; perfect for a day behind the wheel and working the north side run. One whole day of an awful lot of nothing because it was Friday, most of the departments and offices are remote operated, and only sign you see or hear of anyone being physically in one of the spaces is the faint sound of scratching like mice in the wainscotting. You might hear the sound of voices from a cubicle but more often than not all you hear is the sound of silence. I like it, makes doing the drops and pickups easy and fast. No questions to answer and no one wanting to shmooze. Got done soon enough that I could dig out the vacuum and clean the cabin of 004 and then take 001 over to the wash point and give it a bath. That gives me a clean looking ride for Monday. Often think that I am the only one who knows what soap and water applied to a truck skin looks like.

Nick

Dayzedandkonfuzed

G-Body Guru
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
Somebody stole my loader this morning, was gonna bring it back in a couple hours. It's now been 9. I was supposed to stay a couple hours overtime to do some work in the yard with the loader, so instead, I'm going to go resurrect a 68ish Toronado that's been abandoned here for who knows how many years. If it starts, and I can get papers for it, I may just be stupid enough to drive it home (2600km)

So we've had this transport truck stuck in our warehouse yard for a few days after getting a piece of 4x4 dunnage through the oil pan (I know, right?) So last night, when their mechanic fell through, I went with one of our mechanics and laid in the rain and mud for a couple hours and got 'er done. Toronado will have to wait til another day.

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
So we've had this transport truck stuck in our warehouse yard for a few days after getting a piece of 4x4 dunnage through the oil pan (I know, right?) So last night, when their mechanic fell through, I went with one of our mechanics and laid in the rain and mud for a couple hours and got 'er done. Toronado will have to wait til another day.
So of course my question is how did ships hold wood get through the oil pan?

Dayzedandkonfuzed

G-Body Guru
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
So of course my question is how did ships hold wood get through the oil pan?
Drove over the dunnage that was hidden under mud, it cantilevered up and wedged between the axle and the composite oil pan, but was still stuck in the mud as they moved ahead. Broke the 4x4 in half and basically took out the entire back of the sump.

20220824_170147.jpg

Last edited:

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor