What did you do to/with your chainsaw today

Nov 4, 2012
joesregalproject that hinge wood looks awfully thick, you get to a point and just pull it down?
Notice it is all rotted in the middle. The middle wasn't holding anything. As soon as the back was cut through, it went. We keep constant tension on the tree with a truck when making the back cut, so the tree has no opportunity to move in any other direction.

But prime example of why you've got to be careful. There was no way we would've known that it was rotted inside. Without tension on the tree while making the cut, it could've easily rolled before it fell and gone in a totally different direction.

Reactions: 1 user

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
But will it cuss and drink like one too?

Not sure but I know I cuss every time I try to start it and have to drink after I'm done using it to calm my anger down 😂

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Have 2 / 251C’s. 18” and 16” both have some years and many cords of wood beaten up plus trees dropped. Seen neighbors kill theirs both electric and gas to the point the chain had 1” air gap when they stop😢
I used my buddy's 251 with a Full Chisel Chain and it ran great. Ran it enough to where the Coil got hot and it wouldn't run until it cooled down.

That 251 and the 261 are pretty much the same weight, 261 with much more power.

Most people don't pay attention to chain stretch when it gets hot, it's much more on longer bars.

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
I used my buddy's 251 with a Full Chisel Chain and it ran great. Ran it enough to where the Coil got hot and it wouldn't run until it cooled down.

That 251 and the 261 are pretty much the same weight, 261 with much more power.

Most people don't pay attention to chain stretch when it gets hot, it's much more on longer bars.
These guys are dangerous and had no idea what they were doing. Told one what might be a good idea actually listened. Month later met in passing, said the guys at the saw shop just rolled their eyes when he bought it in. We all have to have a learning curve!

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Got the Foley Belsaw 308 up and running. Shame a lot of the paint came off but I knew it was going to. It works, the mandrel seems a bit noisier than I think it should be. Not sure if it's bearings going bad or just tight from not being used. No runout on the wheel though so its fine for now. Really solid machine though and a whole lot faster and more consistent than hand filing.
View attachment 220632 View attachment 220631
Can you cut the rakes with it?

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Out of the few of us that chime in here on a regular basis, any of you guys taken a saw down and done some port work on the cylinder?

I've been watching some YouTube videos and it seems like the Stihl MS461 has some awesome gains when you do some porting and work on the piston..I found another one forsale locally for a good price and I'm half tempted to dive into it for funsies...

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor