What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2023]

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Spend about 10 minutes making this axle seal installer for the 9" going in the Regal
Worked perfectly.
20230523_154831.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Making moves, doing stupid things.

Query: for those with shops, and, the wheel dollies with casters. If I stick the dollies under all four tires on a gbody - in this case it's an 83 regal - can I turn the car SIDEWAYS inside the bay? So in a 20x50 bay, instead of being front to rear on the 50 ft axis, I want the car sideways, front to rear on the 20 ft axis. So looking from the front you will see the side profile of the car.

Doable? Math makes me question the measurements. Not sure if any of you have done this. Looking to do a shuffle and store more.

Reactions: 1 user

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Making moves, doing stupid things.

Query: for those with shops, and, the wheel dollies with casters. If I stick the dollies under all four tires on a gbody - in this case it's an 83 regal - can I turn the car SIDEWAYS inside the bay? So in a 20x50 bay, instead of being front to rear on the 50 ft axis, I want the car sideways, front to rear on the 20 ft axis. So looking from the front you will see the side profile of the car.

Doable? Math makes me question the measurements. Not sure if any of you have done this. Looking to do a shuffle and store more.

Yes, it’s completely doable, providing your wheel dollies have 4 independently swivelling casters on each dolly. I’ve had my car completely sideways in my garage, and currently have it angled for good access all the way around.

07025057-D36F-48DA-B6E5-8888BDE30D10.jpeg

I would measure, measure, measure first though to see if it’ll fit where you want it. Even on 4 dollies it’s pretty heavy to push around.

Reactions: 5 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Yes, it’s completely doable, providing your wheel dollies have 4 independently swivelling casters on each dolly. I’ve had my car completely sideways in my garage, and currently have it angled for good access all the way around.

View attachment 221647

I would measure, measure, measure first though to see if it’ll fit where you want it. Even on 4 dollies it’s pretty heavy to push around.
Trying to plan ahead.

There's one corner in the warehouse space I've got in new england that's a narrow 20x50 alley. the dividing wall is arranged such that it just wound up that way in one corner. Whelp, I've got 2 regals up there that I want to tuck into that corner, sideways, then put a couple trucks back in front of them.

This in turn frees up, a bunch of floor space in the front side of things that I can relocate a bunch of other stuff into and simplify life. I'm trying to have my ducks in a row.before I show up there. Luckily, the floor is very smooth and flat concrete, so, even the 87 v20 suburban rolled easily enough I was able to push it by myself. Granted, that was before I came.down with this or was diagnosed, and, I've lost strength and mass since then, but, I'd also have a helper.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Had quite the weekend, started off well going to some car shows. But Saturday morning was still a bit nippy so as I was going to be coming up on the highway I threw on a sweatshirt, the car has never really wondered just cruising but for some reason took a hard dive and decided to scrap both driver wheels really bad. Figures just as we were able to persuade the wheels out of the bend and to stop leaking. So yesterday morning before going to another show was kicking around what to do for wheels cause I haven't been able to find anything on FB or Craigslist just to throw on for the time being. Mounted up an 18 and 19 from the GTO to see how they would fit, 18 doesn't clear but looks like the 19 would. So wanted to kick around taking the GTO back to the 18s and putting the 19s on the Monte.
20230527_090251.jpg
20230529_102216.jpg
20230529_102826.jpg
20230529_103048.jpg

But as we were leaving the car show yesterday to go get some food the Monte died while waiting to make a turn and then didn't want to start back up. Had a backfire and made some noise when I pushed the gas to get it to start and died back out. So had to get her towed back, tried it again after a while last night since it was a fight to get her rolled back into the garage. This time had a very large backfire and had flames in all 4 ports of the Sniper, really debated on just letting her burn but quickly decided best not. Still heard some noise when tryng to start so not sure if the starter is not disengaging or if its something in the motor. But is hard to hear when cranking it inside the car
20230529_141618.jpg

• Sad

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Had quite the weekend, started off well going to some car shows. But Saturday morning was still a bit nippy so as I was going to be coming up on the highway I threw on a sweatshirt, the car has never really wondered just cruising but for some reason took a hard dive and decided to scrap both driver wheels really bad. Figures just as we were able to persuade the wheels out of the bend and to stop leaking. So yesterday morning before going to another show was kicking around what to do for wheels cause I haven't been able to find anything on FB or Craigslist just to throw on for the time being. Mounted up an 18 and 19 from the GTO to see how they would fit, 18 doesn't clear but looks like the 19 would. So wanted to kick around taking the GTO back to the 18s and putting the 19s on the Monte.
View attachment 221659 View attachment 221660 View attachment 221661 View attachment 221662
But as we were leaving the car show yesterday to go get some food the Monte died while waiting to make a turn and then didn't want to start back up. Had a backfire and made some noise when I pushed the gas to get it to start and died back out. So had to get her towed back, tried it again after a while last night since it was a fight to get her rolled back into the garage. This time had a very large backfire and had flames in all 4 ports of the Sniper, really debated on just letting her burn but quickly decided best not. Still heard some noise when tryng to start so not sure if the starter is not disengaging or if its something in the motor. But is hard to hear when cranking it inside the car
View attachment 221663
$49 + a six pack with 2 empty cans and a little caesars.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Visited the body to see how things are with it & grab a few things that was still with it at the in-laws. The tin worms aren't too hungry since last year as there hasn't been to much of thier progression in the floor under the back seat. But I did find out I'll have to get four 14" tires as what's on the junk frame so I can transport it. The one did it's impression of a shot gun going off.

Reactions: 1 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Drove it. Downpour after work. Fun times. Drip from a pillar trim. Sealer on roof rail trim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor