Replaced a blower seal and added a larger throttle body that threw the tune off

Now has a idle surge that will be fixed soon
Car makes about 900 rwhp on 19 psi

Reactions: 3 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Had to borrow my mechanics Matco impact to get enough torque but was able to break the stripped lug nut loose so finally was able to get all 4 wheels on the GTO

• Winner
Reactions: 8 users

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
Cleaned it up a bit.. really contemplating selling it.

1970 VW Westfalia Bus.
Interior is out of it at the moment.
Really a solid starter.. front floors were rusty and were patched, but not replaced. Nose has putty. Dent in the rear drivers corner, but have an entire corner replacement.
Runs, Shifts... All new brakes.. new (correct) tires..
Needs: Put together, Fuel Pump (Currently rigged to check engine status), belt, oil seal (the easy one), and some wiring work.. Seats out of a CR-V.. leave it as patina or sand and paint.. or just do what I was going to do and do plasti-dip.. lol For 50 years old, its bound to have putty in it I dont know about, but a solid starting point.. have all kinds of parts from new CV Axles with boots to VW Emblems, gaskets, seals, blah blah.. box-o-parts, basically.. $5k

-Gonz

Reactions: 1 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Fixed the airbag light in the CVPI. Turned out the NPS simply crimped passenger airbag bypass switch into the factory wiring harness. Computer systems in general do not seem to like climp connections very much, so I cut them off and soldered the wires together back to the bypass switch and no more trouble light! Just don't use climp connectors on computer harnesses, they have to be soldered.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Found out the Hellcat is done, just stuck in a delivery delay.

But, it has a window sticker now:
Capture+_2019-09-12-15-48-41.png

A little closer to reality.

Reactions: 11 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Cleaned it up a bit.. really contemplating selling it.

1970 VW Westfalia Bus.
Interior is out of it at the moment.
Really a solid starter.. front floors were rusty and were patched, but not replaced. Nose has putty. Dent in the rear drivers corner, but have an entire corner replacement.
Runs, Shifts... All new brakes.. new (correct) tires..
Needs: Put together, Fuel Pump (Currently rigged to check engine status), belt, oil seal (the easy one), and some wiring work.. Seats out of a CR-V.. leave it as patina or sand and paint.. or just do what I was going to do and do plasti-dip.. lol For 50 years old, its bound to have putty in it I dont know about, but a solid starting point.. have all kinds of parts from new CV Axles with boots to VW Emblems, gaskets, seals, blah blah.. box-o-parts, basically.. $5k

-Gonz
Cash out, don't look back.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor