What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burn out video or it never happened. 😉

How about a half-assed picture from inside my brother's house at 0700hrs?

20190920_065617.jpg

Only the second time I've seen it in the daylight.

As for burnouts? Not yet. Damn thing is power neutered for 500 miles.

ENGINE BREAK-IN RECOMMENDATIONS
The following tips will be helpful in obtaining optimum performance and maximum durability for your new SRT vehicle.
Despite modern technology and World Class manufacturing methods, the moving parts of the vehicle must still wear in with each other. This wearing in occurs mainly during the first 500 miles (805 km) and continues through the first oil change interval.
It is recommended for the operator to observe the following driving behaviors during the new vehicle break-in period:

0 to 100 miles (0 to 161 km):
• Do not allow the engine to operate at idle for an
extended period of time.
• Depress the accelerator pedal slowly and not more than halfway to avoid rapid acceleration.
• Avoid aggressive braking.
• Drive with the engine speed less than 3,500 RPM.
• Maintain vehicle speed below 55 mph (88 km/h) and observe local speed limits.

100 to 300 miles (161 to 483 km):
• Depress the accelerator pedal slowly and not more than halfway to avoid rapid acceleration in lower gears (1st to 3rd gears).
• Drive with the engine speed less than 5,000 RPM.
• Maintain vehicle speed below 70 mph (112 km/h) and observe local speed limits.

300 to 500 miles (483 to 805 km):
• Exercise the full engine rpm range, shifting manually at higher rpms when possible.
• Do not perform sustained operation with the accelerator pedal at wide open throttle.
• Maintain vehicle speed below 85 mph (136 km/h) and

For the first 1500 miles (2414 km):
• Do not participate in track events, sport driving schools, or similar activities during the first 1500 miles (2414 km).

NOTE: Check engine oil with every refueling and add if necessary. Oil and fuel consumption may be higher
through the first oil change interval. Running the engine with an oil level below the add mark can cause severe engine damage.

How about a half-assed picture from inside my brother's house at 0700hrs?

View attachment 123931

Only the second time I've seen it in the daylight.

As fpr burnouts? Not yet. Damn thing is power neutered for 500 miles.

ENGINE BREAK-IN RECOMMENDATIONS
The following tips will be helpful in obtaining optimum performance and maximum durability for your new SRT vehicle.
Despite modern technology and World Class manufacturing methods, the moving parts of the vehicle must still wear in with each other. This wearing in occurs mainly during the first 500 miles (805 km) and continues through the first oil change interval.
It is recommended for the operator to observe the following driving behaviors during the new vehicle break-in period:

0 to 100 miles (0 to 161 km):
• Do not allow the engine to operate at idle for an
extended period of time.
• Depress the accelerator pedal slowly and not more than halfway to avoid rapid acceleration.
• Drive with the engine speed less than 3,500 RPM.
• Maintain vehicle speed below 55 mph (88 km/h) and observe local speed limits.

100 to 300 miles (161 to 483 km):
• Depress the accelerator pedal slowly and not more than halfway to avoid rapid acceleration in lower gears (1st to 3rd gears).
• Drive with the engine speed less than 5,000 RPM.
• Maintain vehicle speed below 70 mph (112 km/h) and observe local speed limits.

300 to 500 miles (483 to 805 km):
• Exercise the full engine rpm range, shifting manually at higher rpms when possible.
• Do not perform sustained operation with the accelerator pedal at wide open throttle.
• Maintain vehicle speed below 85 mph (136 km/h) and

For the first 1500 miles (2414 km):
• Do not participate in track events, sport driving schools, or similar activities during the first 1500 miles (2414 km).

NOTE: Check engine oil with every refueling and add if necessary. Oil and fuel consumption may be higher
through the first oil change interval. Running the engine with an oil level below the add mark can cause severe engine damage.
What did you name it?

What did you name it?

Fat Rhonda.

She's a big white girl who rode me hard and took all my money... and left me crying on the floor.

wow, so you depart YQG Windsor at 0800, set the cruise control at 90 kph until Chatham and 110 kph for the rest of the ride home to YOW Ottawa... should be home by 1600 hrs. Just in time for a light supper then burnouts with 90% of ChryCo break in procedure complete ....

When underneath the Cop Vic messing with the steering rack last weekend, I noticed a broken front spring on the driver's side. Today swapped out the struts and springs. Frustrated that I had to take more stuff apart than I originally though I'd need to. For the most part it all came apart pretty easily except for the bottom strut mounts that were rusted SOLID!

Got'er done though.

MTD lawn tractor (AKA Troybilt Bronco) has a left rear wheel that keeps leaking due to dry rot (but still has tons of tread). Additionally, the MTD wheel-tire-combo is frozen on the axle. The wheel-tire-combo is held on by one 5/16" cap screw. The wheel has a sleeve that goes over the stepped axle and is held in place by a double-D shaped axle and the appropriate double-D shape in the center of the wheel assembly.

My wheel-tire-combo was frozen fast to the axle. Tried some big hammers and no movement. A lot of the YT videos suggest drilling two holes in the wheel and then use a harmonic balancer puller. Instead, I deflated the tire and placed a scissor jack between the back of the rim and the frame. I applied pressure with the scissor jack while hammering from the back of the wheel. The wheel-tire-combo came off in about a minute and a half. I am very happy (most lawn tractor guys describe the normal procedure for removing the MTD wheel-tire-combo as one of the most frustrating ever). Now, the wheel-tire-combo with a tube inside is now going back on the lawn tractor.

Last edited:
Reactions: pontiacgp
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor