What do you do for a living?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andebe

Greasemonkey
Mar 6, 2017
Indiana
My job puts most people to sleep...Im a sales manager for a mattress store. I love product testing. Zzzzzz...

Reactions: 1 users

Crazy4elkys

Apprentice
Dec 3, 2017
Upper SC
Forklift Mechanic, I work 25 hrs for the family and 25 hrs for Uncle Sam.....:mrgreen:

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I worked on Toyota fork trucks today. Pressed on new rubber tires on one and replacing a head on another.

Nov 4, 2012
I've worked in an auto body shop on and off for the better part of the past eight years. I started doing small stuff, scuffing panels and assembly. For the past two or so years, since I graduated high school, I've been to the point I can do most anything. Now the shop I've been working at is closing it's doors after 45 years, and I'm not sure if I want to stick with auto body or move on to something else. I like the idea of being self employed, but I don't want to take out a loan for start-up costs. Auto body is a competitive business around here, and everyone rides on their reputation. Lots of new shops start up and close in the same year due to lack of a customer base. At 21 years old, a small business loan doesn't seem like as good of an investment as some more education.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I've worked in an auto body shop on and off for the better part of the past eight years. I started doing small stuff, scuffing panels and assembly. For the past two or so years, since I graduated high school, I've been to the point I can do most anything. Now the shop I've been working at is closing it's doors after 45 years, and I'm not sure if I want to stick with auto body or move on to something else. I like the idea of being self employed, but I don't want to take out a loan for start-up costs. Auto body is a competitive business around here, and everyone rides on their reputation. Lots of new shops start up and close in the same year due to lack of a customer base. At 21 years old, a small business loan doesn't seem like as good of an investment as some more education.
If ya got skills, they'll take you where you need to be. You're young; make the money while you can. Never stop learning new (and old) techniques, stay on top of your game, and don't wh*re yourself out (for too long, anyway). Go get'em!!!!

• Agree

Crazy4elkys

Apprentice
Dec 3, 2017
Upper SC
You need to keep in mind a small body shop has alot of cash customers. In my business I get all checks without any cash.

455'ed80Regal

Master Mechanic
Nov 3, 2010
Lincoln, MO
I operate a 60 series Nissan forklift running in and out of 53 foot trailers unloading and loading freight all day. Love my job. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor