What do you do for a living?

Status
Not open for further replies.

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
I’m a production painter at a collision repair shop. I’ve been doing it for 18 years. I got into the business because I wanted to restore cars and I don’t think I could be further from that. Insurance work stinks.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I’m a production painter at a collision repair shop. I’ve been doing it for 18 years. I got into the business because I wanted to restore cars and I don’t think I could be further from that. Insurance work stinks.
Insurance work pays. Get money!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
Insurance work pays. Get money!
It pays but I can’t stand working on cars that people couldn’t care less about. Most cars I do have damage on other parts of the car that the customer doesn’t want to fix because they did it themselves. They’re only fixing their car because someone else is paying. They’re the people that open their door into your fresh paint and have no clue why you want to kill them. Sorry rant over.

• Agree
Reactions: 7 users

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Was a Ink Technician for a flexible printing company for 18 years, Aftermarket automotive radiator assembler until NAFTA ended that, Was temporary labor at Ford Motor Company Buffalo Stamping (Really LOVED that one) and for the past 9 years I work as a CNC Tube bending machine operator for a company "Bent On Perfection".
Clever company name

1983calais

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2015
Tiffin, OH
All you guys seem to have interesting and great careers. I just started working for a telephone company. Putting fiber optic cables in the ground, fusing the fiber, and installing the internet, tv, and television service to businesses and homes. I also own and operate a rental company. We rent ice cream machines, frozen drink machines, and refrigerated trailers for weddings, parties, and business functions. I’m also a journeyman electrician for the last 20 years.

Reactions: 4 users

Kratos

Greasemonkey
Nov 7, 2017
Central Pa
Thank you for your services sir.
Thank you for your services sir.
I have since returned to my roots. I now maintain a web tool for the Navy and Marine Corps. Focusing on ammunition handling and other evolutions. Better pay and I won’t be “forced “ into retirement in four years. ( I will officially retire no later than age 65 1/2😁😁)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor