What is a '78 Delta 88 Aluminum Hood worth?

There were 2 88s in that 77-79 era that an Olds enthusiast might respectfully restore. The Hoilday 88 and if I remember correctly a pace car. Other than that we were getting $1,20 lb. in Sharon Pa on a 5 week job we finished 2 weeks ago.

Miata parts, is that for your Wife's car?

My wife wouldn't get caught dead in either of my miatas.

One is a $1300 autocross '90 with a 1.8L swap:

20180321_185636.jpg
1-8L L.jpg

The other is my $850 6 speed 1.6L Rallycross '91 (pictured with lift kit installed):
20170513_193521.jpg
20170513_193605.jpg

Other than the Ebay wheels on the '90 & Tires, both cars are 90% Pick-n-Pull Junkyard content.

Reactions: RabbitHoleSS
Interesting, Miata's have gotten a girl's car reputation, not saying they are bad cars, probably fun little cars.

Interesting, Miata's have gotten a girl's car reputation, not saying they are bad cars, probably fun little cars.

In Dallas, they have always had the reputation of a Gay Guy's car. In 1991, I'd walk/bike around White Rock lake in Dallas every weekend With my friend who was going to UT southwester Medical school, EVERY miata had two dudes in it that were obviously on a date. And that would have been the original owners.

I can only see a girly girl owning an Automatic version.

No man (even a gay one) would buy an automatic transmission Miata.

When I bought my 1.8L swapped '90, it had a rainbow/unicorn sticker on the roll bar that said "I'm not Gay, I just like Miata's"

Yes, a Gay man's car was the other one implied with Miata ownership.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: fleming442
Stacy David made a guys version years ago with a Ford V-8

I have a 400 RWHP LS1 / T56 I was going to put into the '90, but I'm going to put that in my XK8 instead:
DSCF7022.JPG

It will be a great GT car, and is way less likely to Kill me.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor