What is a '78 Delta 88 Aluminum Hood worth?

The Holiday 88 looks good with the Buckets and console, If I was going to make something Redonkulous, It would be a top 3 choice, but that is not going to happen.

From the pictures of rusty ones online it looks like most got steel hoods.

I have a 1978 Delta 88 Holiday coupe. Mine is a 45K mile original survivor car. It was special ordered by the original owner with the 403 V8 and 3.23 gears (usually used for towing). It has the Y72 HD cooling, HD brakes, 8.5 inch rear, 1/2 inch wheel studs, and HD wheels. According to the factory literature, it's rated to tow 6,000 lbs. Not a lot of SUV's that can tow that much today. The only things I've done to it is to add a SunPro mini tach to keep tabs on the rpm's especially with the 3.23s, and add a rear sway bar from a 1996 Impala SS for better handling. I got the sway bar, brackets, and LCA's from the Impala. The GM B-bodies from 1977-96 shared a lot of components, including suspension. Best upgrade I ever made on the car. Gas mileage is dismal with the 3.23s: 10 city/16 highway, but that's to be expected.

DSCN9517.JPGDSCN9511.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN9039.JPG
    DSCN9039.JPG
    6 MB · Views: 10
That's cool! The previous owner of mine was trying for the Holiday look by adding 14" Cutlass wheels. But that's as far as he got. I switched those out for Wheel Vintiques 15 X 8.

I'm running a rear sway bar that came underneath a 77 Monte Carlo I had nearly 30 years ago. Then it spent 10 years under an 84 Olds 88, 12 years under a 77 Grand Prix, and now eight years under my 78 Olds. It's not like the piece wears out. 😊

Reactions: Rktpwrd
I have a 1978 Delta 88 Holiday coupe. Mine is a 45K mile original survivor car. It was special ordered by the original owner with the 403 V8 and 3.23 gears (usually used for towing). It has the Y72 HD cooling, HD brakes, 8.5 inch rear, 1/2 inch wheel studs, and HD wheels. According to the factory literature, it's rated to tow 6,000 lbs. Not a lot of SUV's that can tow that much today. The only things I've done to it is to add a SunPro mini tach to keep tabs on the rpm's especially with the 3.23s, and add a rear sway bar from a 1996 Impala SS for better handling. I got the sway bar, brackets, and LCA's from the Impala. The GM B-bodies from 1977-96 shared a lot of components, including suspension. Best upgrade I ever made on the car. Gas mileage is dismal with the 3.23s: 10 city/16 highway, but that's to be expected.

View attachment 157187View attachment 157188

Did it come with the center console factory? It's obviously a g body part but I don't know they h made it into a b body.

If anyone is out at any local salvage yards and sees a 1977-79 Delta 88 (either 2-dr or 4-dr) I could use the rear outer bumper fillers, both sides. These are the outer pieces that bolt to the quarter panels and under the tail lights. See picture. I currently have a pair of reproductions that don't fit properly. I'd like to have a pair of originals.
PM me if you find a pair. I'd definitely be interested in them!
Thanks.

DSCN8819 (2).JPG

Yes, the console was part of the Y78 Holiday 88 package available from 1978-80 on the base Delta 88s, not the Delta 88 Royales. The bucket seats, console, sport steering wheel, and sport mirrors were all part of the package. It IS a Cutlass interior that they installed in the Delta, so the seats and console will fit in any Cutlass.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor