What is a '78 Delta 88 Aluminum Hood worth?

The previous owner of mine was trying for the Holiday look by adding 14" Cutlass wheels. But that's as far as he got.
I was considering a set of the Olds Rallye wheels to replace the simulated wire wheels the car currently has... but since it has the HD brake option it has the 5 x 5 inch bolt pattern. Besides, the stock 15 inch wire wheels and black wall tires gives it a sleeper vibe to it.

Another Nice Holiday 88!

With the 12" front brakes, you can swap in 3rd Gen Camaro 1LE brake rotors for 4.75" Bolt pattern, but in back, new axles/drums would probably be needed. If I had any B-Body, I would put 12" brakes in front if they didn't have them originally.

On the Junkyard D88 in Fort Worth, the front fillers were there, but I'm pretty sure the backs were gone.

Love those 88s I've been looking for a chocolate set for my caprice, I first seen one in the late 90's at the scrap yard and thought it was bad but that car had so many mice in it and everything was there but haven't seen one since it's cool to see yours

This thread produced two damn good looking Delta 88s 👍. I had no idea they made a sport version. The factory 403 and 3.23s is just too cool. Did all of these cars have an 8.5"?

Mine has the smaller 7.5 rear with 2:41 gears. It's a simple driver/cruiser.

As for the bumper fillers, I replaced mine with aftermarket. I can't remember where they came from, but the quality was good. It took a bit to get them in and fitting right, but well worth the effort.

Nice, most of these cars I have seen are 350 factory. Very cool option list, my only dislike is the vinyl top, aka the rust hoarder. Good question on the 8.5", I believe lesser models got the 7.5" possibly from the start in 77, my 81 had the 7.5", pretty sure. I still say overall these were better built cars with less electrical and rust issues than G bodies.

• Agree
Reactions: Local Hero

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor