What is the Most Boring Car You Can Drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerrycad472

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2006
Detroit, MI
How about the Toyota Echo - Boring and Ugly

I know one guy who bought one. I tried to talk him out of it. He is not a car guy at all. But he has gotten 7 years and 200,000 miles out of it, but it is starting to fall apart. Still boring and Ugly

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
jerrycad472 said:
How about the Toyota Echo - Boring and Ugly

I know one guy who bought one. I tried to talk him out of it. He is not a car guy at all. But he has gotten 7 years and 200,000 miles out of it, but it is starting to fall apart. Still boring and Ugly

That's the thing though....at least you can say it's ugly. I was aiming at a car that is so bland that it is neither ugly nor pretty. On a scale of one to ten, a 5 in every respect.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
89 toyota turdcel auto
86 jeep comanche pickup with the 2.5 reliant motor auto trans
93 hyundai excel auto

and yes I have owned all of the above and neither loved or hated any
Miserable performance coupled by excellent reliability and fuel economy makes it hard to hate

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
my daily driver. 2004 taurus. slower than cold poop. it makes me drive slower it's so bad

STLRegal

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2007
St.Louis
78mali350 said:
my daily driver. 2004 taurus. slower than cold poop. it makes me drive slower it's so bad
Exactly what I was gonna say. The 2001 and up taurus are so boring. Atleast the 90s one was ugly and had the SHO model.

Ive driven my friends one once, it was pretty slow. But is is v6 gbody slow?

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Sadly, there was a Taurus SHO in the later ones. They are just so ugly that no one cares. It had a DOHC V8 in it and from what I could tell from the one I saw in the U pull it, it was a different engine from the 4.6 liter modular DOHC V8 used in various other Fords. I think it's a 4 liter and is shared with the Lincoln Continental which shares the Taurus/Sable platform.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
That V8 in the SHO was built with the help of yamaha. look at reviews almost nothing good came from that motor. probably why you don't see many of them today

Derision

Master Mechanic
Jul 2, 2007
Jackson, New Jersey
85 Cutlass Brougham said:
Sadly, there was a Taurus SHO in the later ones. They are just so ugly that no one cares. It had a DOHC V8 in it and from what I could tell from the one I saw in the U pull it, it was a different engine from the 4.6 liter modular DOHC V8 used in various other Fords. I think it's a 4 liter and is shared with the Lincoln Continental which shares the Taurus/Sable platform.

Actually, the Continental was a different animal. I owned one, and though it does share the same basic platform as the Taurus and Sable, that's about it. Everything else -- suspension, engine (except for the 3.8 Essex V6, which was used around the board), etc. -- was rather different.

It's really tough to point out a "worst car ever" because even the absolute most terrible of cars have some redeeming factor. I drove a Chevy Celebrity and I found some way to make it unique and kind of cool. I had one of the Celebrity Eurosport station wagons, too... aside from a crappy head gasket, I thought that car was pretty cool.

All up to individual interpretation. I never put down someone's ride because even if it's crap... it's someone's baby. I'm sure when people see my beat up old G-Body, they think it's awful. Hell, even I sometimes think it's awful looking (especially when the light hits it a certain way and I discover new body problems that I didn't know existed beforehand)... but you know... it's my baby, so... ugly or not, it remains cool.

GrandPrixJamie

Greasemonkey
Oct 4, 2007
Schenectady New York
The most boring thing that I have ever driven is my old lady's 2005 Hyundai Elantra. Slow, Handling sucks and the interior is absolutely boring!

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Derision said:
85 Cutlass Brougham said:

Actually, the Continental was a different animal. I owned one, and though it does share the same basic platform as the Taurus and Sable, that's about it. Everything else -- suspension, engine (except for the 3.8 Essex V6, which was used around the board), etc. -- was rather different.

It's really tough to point out a "worst car ever" because even the absolute most terrible of cars have some redeeming factor. I drove a Chevy Celebrity and I found some way to make it unique and kind of cool. I had one of the Celebrity Eurosport station wagons, too... aside from a crappy head gasket, I thought that car was pretty cool.

All up to individual interpretation. I never put down someone's ride because even if it's crap... it's someone's baby. I'm sure when people see my beat up old G-Body, they think it's awful. Hell, even I sometimes think it's awful looking (especially when the light hits it a certain way and I discover new body problems that I didn't know existed beforehand)... but you know... it's my baby, so... ugly or not, it remains cool.

I wasn't asking for the worst, I was asking for the most bland and uninteresting. Something that evokes neither negative nor positive emotions in anyone. On a scale of 1-10, a 5 in every respect and forgettable. That was why I said the late 90's early 2000's Corolla. It is neither remarkable in any way nor does it stand out or trigger any passion. No one on Earth will wonder where they all went when they disappear. If I were a space alien looking to not be noticed while driving on earth, I would pick a white, gray, or beige Corolla with tinted windows. No one would even look twice...

BTW, I almost bought a 2000 Corolla VE that had run into an SUV and needed a new front clip a while back. I just couldn't get interested enough in it to think it worth my time. Even with low mileage (60k) and a low price of $500 I just couldn't do it. I would do another Sentra in a heartbeat though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor