What is this Sensor?

RRichards86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 1, 2023
I'm want to replace my Oil Pressure Sender unit on my 86 Olds 307. But, in scanning my shop manual, I cannot determine what this one sensor is on the manifold. See photo attached. I know (or think) the one labeled TEMPERATURE SENSOR is right, but what is this other sensor? Any guidance here will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Sensors_Image_v1.jpg
    Sensors_Image_v1.jpg
    906.1 KB · Views: 9

84 W40

G-Body Guru
Dec 9, 2009
I'm want to replace my Oil Pressure Sender unit on my 86 Olds 307. But, in scanning my shop manual, I cannot determine what this one sensor is on the manifold. See photo attached. I know (or think) the one labeled TEMPERATURE SENSOR is right, but what is this other sensor? Any guidance here will be greatly appreciated.
The one circled with ? is your Temperature gauge or idiot light. The one to the right of that is your Temperature sensor, ECM takes reading of that for open loop , closed loop, TCC lock up.

Reactions: 1 user

RRichards86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 1, 2023
The one circled with ? is your Temperature gauge or idiot light. The one to the right of that is your Temperature sensor, ECM takes reading of that for open loop , closed loop, TCC lock up.
Thanks for clarifying this for me. My shop manual was not clear about them. I appreciate the help

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor