what made YOU love long roofs?? let us know. post pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
It's not easy here either, they are getting scarce. I think it looks great.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Shooter,
It's nice to have you on board. I assume you're from the Canada. You're lucky to find one up there with minimal to no rust.
Your wagon appears to be a cross between a Lemans and Bonneville. Bonnevilles had more gaudy mouldings and trim (no offense Mark). These are pretty much a stripped down version of a Bonneville. I think it's a cool looking wagon and it sits really nice as well.
Thanks for sharing more info on it...and keep us updated on your progress. 8)

It's nice to have another cool wagon join our ranks. :wink:

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
"no offense Mark", none taken Jack, because I agree. That's why I swapped the nose for an '81 LeMans nose. It went from old-man-ish looking to Firebird looking. Funny thing is I bought mine from a 93 year old man, so I guess it was appropriate for him. And Olishooter your car has the same handy roof rack and wing too. The only thing I would do is look for some Pontiac Rally II wheels in place of the Buicks on there now..

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Bonnewagon said:
"no offense Mark", none taken Jack, because I agree. That's why I swapped the nose for an '81 LeMans nose. It went from old-man-ish looking to Firebird looking. Funny thing is I bought mine from a 93 year old man, so I guess it was appropriate for him. And Olishooter your car has the same handy roof rack and wing too. The only thing I would do is look for some Pontiac Rally II wheels in place of the Buicks on there now..
Mark,
Adding the '81 Lemans nose and Rally II's was a vast improvement to your wagon....and of course adding the 3rd pedal and 4-spd manual trans. Not your typical grand dad's Pontiac. :wink:

I think a set of Rally II's would look great on the Lemans wagon. Sell the Buick magnum wheels. It actually doesn't look that bad with the Chevy rallys and police caps..but I'd still go for Rally II's.

Steve,
You're much too kind. There's been a lot of super nice wagons that have come thru this site that I've drooled over.
Mine looks like a junkyard refugee compared to some of those cars.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
"Mine looks like a junkyard refugee compared to some of those cars." You and me both brother. At least you are in the process of painting yours. I've sent better looking cars than mine to the junkyard! :rofl: Steve, I've always liked GP's, but it's hard to cram a 10 ft surf rod in one so I opted for the wagons! :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor