What muffler(s) are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbcCuttY

Apprentice
Nov 25, 2007
I'm trying to find a good sounding muffler for my cutlass.. I just wanna see what you guys think of your mufllers and your feedback ..oh and I want it to perform as good as it sounds.. I hope you know what I mean. Thanks everybody

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
Flowmaster 40 series on both of my Cutlasses('83 & '85), my Impala('94), and my Caprice('96). I've always loved the Flowmaster 40 series' sound. I think they sound the best with an H-Pipe, which I have on my '96 Caprice. They sound mean with an X-Pipe too, which I have on my '83 Cutlass. From an actual performance standpoint, I have no comment since I've never used any other brand of muffler.

bowtietillidie85SS

Greasemonkey
Mar 26, 2010
Jackson Ms
Flowmaster 40's here, nice sound good flow.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
I've used Dynomax Ultra-flo's on two cars and now Spintech Pro-street mufflers on the new combination.

Dynomax sound good with little to no drone but crackle pretty good at WOT.

Spintech's are EXTREMELY loud. At least the version I have. There's not a whole lot of difference between them and open headers as far as sound.

captain-FN

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 8, 2010
charlottetown pei canada
cherry bomb vortex sounds good

joey_schel

Apprentice
Feb 11, 2009
Stratford, Ontario
Flowmasters are overpriced. I've got Thrush welded chamber mufflers.. bout 30-35 bucks each, GREAT sound, can't really comment on flow numbers but they are great behind my 406

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
If sound is your priority Flowmasters may be your pick but stagger them or put an H pipe in or something so you don't have the drone problem at cruise rpm. It can be hatefully annoying other combos its not a problem at all. If performance with sound control is your priority Walker Ultra flows or Magnaflows. They can be pretty loud at wot. If price is your priority with sound, performance, & longevity being secondary get turbo flow mufflers.

redneckracer305

Greasemonkey
Jun 28, 2005
new milford,ct
if you want a good agressive sound with moderate drone, go with some pypes violators, i have em on my monte. ive got there full x pipe system, no cats, off the factory manifolds, and the car sounds pretty freakin good for having a factory 305. and its unique and doesnt sound like a flowmaster like everyone else runs.

RegalBegal

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2009
Goldsboro, NC
I know they're not "in vogue" any more but I like the sound of good old fashioned turbo mufflers. Just my two cents.

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
joey_schel said:
Flowmasters are overpriced. I've got Thrush welded chamber mufflers.. bout 30-35 bucks each, GREAT sound, can't really comment on flow numbers but they are great behind my 406

x2..I had some Thrush aluminum welded's, and now have the SS version. Love the sound and price. I picked the aluminum set up for $22.50 per from summit, and the Stainless set for $58 per.

4294054917_c48384e1d0.jpg

4294056653_9c209c58d0.jpg

4336813482_63574060f6.jpg

4336893244_5831de6e98.jpg

Lil sound byte...CLICK PIC BELOW

That's a SB 350 with Doug's headers, Pypes "X" Change cross pipe out to the Thrush SS Welded's. They stop just before the rear end. I need some turn downs cuz it resonates big time in the cabin. Doesnt bother me. I drove all the way to and from Arizona (1000 mile round trip) and loved every bit of it. Sounds like it means biz..

Warren 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor