What OD Manual Trans Uses Factory Shift Hole for G Body?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve C

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 12, 2017
I just found the Richmond transmission. Super Street 5 speed with OD. PArt number 7020526C. The dimensions are super close to the ST10 and it actually lower than the top of the ST10.

Reactions: 1 user

Steve C

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 12, 2017
They make 3 version 5 speed. Only the Super street is an OD. It's rated at 600 ft. lbs. of torque capacity.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
I'm not familiar with the new Richmond 5 speed, but the Richmond 6 speed were absolute crap. I Broke 3 of them (broke) and had maybe 5 other failures. The original OD Gear was rated at only 150 lb-ft. It lasted 3 shifts. The "Road Race" OD gear we replaced the original with was only rated at 250 lb-ft. It lasted a few races, but broke also. We had constant Fluid leaks (early cases were mis machined and Richmond gave us a new one), the tailshaft bushing burned up, the shifter broke, third gear eventually came apart. Richmond gave me a 3rd one, and when that one broke, I switched to a T56 Magnum and never had any issues.

The comments on Summit seem to indicate the 5 speed may have similar quality issues.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor