What should I do with my wheels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maddog20_20

Master Mechanic
Nov 20, 2010
St. Louis MO
I think the wheel weights hanging off the outer lips look far worse than the oxidized wheel itself, but as stated a few times above-- if you have a Harbor-Freight store near (or order online) they sell a nice handheld grinder/polisher and have lots of "bits" for about 20-25 bucks. Easy to use and I have made wheels that looked far worse than yours look damn near new with a little work.

kustomss

Greasemonkey
Feb 20, 2010
Thanks for all the input. I know the wheels are dated, but when you're 16, if they hold the car up they'll work. As for the weights, I'll probably internally balance them when I get some new tires.

maddog20_20

Master Mechanic
Nov 20, 2010
St. Louis MO
kustomss said:
Thanks for all the input. I know the wheels are dated, but when you're 16, if they hold the car up they'll work. As for the weights, I'll probably internally balance them when I get some new tires.

I only wish I had that nice of car at 16 -- LOL. Like you said ... at 16 if it runs and drives use what you got. Save your pennies, nickels, and dimes (for those OH sh*t it broke moments) make a plan and make it happen! You will get there for sure. Sounds like you are a smart thinker anyway!!!!

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
kustomss said:

don't worry about what others say....like I said I had a set of those wheels and I got a few compliments on them. I had the directional set but I never noticed till friend told me I had them on backwards .. :oops:

TheFullMonteSS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 19, 2010
If they they are just decoration knock them out, polish, then put them back in. I did that to an old set of fake outlaws and workd great. But if its a 2 or 3 peice wheel do not attempt it.

B1tchin'-Buick

Master Mechanic
Jan 11, 2010
I like the old school rims! Our cars are old school so it is fitting to have them. I have a set of Cragar keystones, old school... P.I.T.A. to keep clean but I love em' I resent my rims when have to polish them but love the result when done :mrgreen:

kustomss

Greasemonkey
Feb 20, 2010
Well after considering a few ideas, I finally decided to just paint them. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• PC310061.JPG
    PC310061.JPG
    783.5 KB · Views: 794

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
that looks great...BUT like someone mentioned get rid of that ugly weight and get some stickons ..those weights will corrode the rim. Ford puts those weights on the lip on their Mustangs and if I was buying a Mustang I'd be telling them to replace them before the car left the lot. .. :wtf:

kustomss

Greasemonkey
Feb 20, 2010
Thanks! And I'll lose the weight when I get some new tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor