What should I do with my wheels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kustomss

Greasemonkey
Feb 20, 2010
I'm at a loss about what to do with my wheels. The rivets are almost impossible to polish around and I can't afford new wheels anytime soon. I was thinking about painting the ring with the rivets a graphite color but I'm not sure. Any ideas?

Attachments

• wheel2.jpg
    wheel2.jpg
    314.1 KB · Views: 1,449

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
you could try conical dremil polishing thingy to ge in those tight spots.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
What kind of car do you have? You'd be surprised at what else you can afford that would look better and be easier to maintain. People practically give away rally wheels of most types, especially BOP stuff. Nice, new trim rings and paint work wonders.

kustomss

Greasemonkey
Feb 20, 2010
I tried a dremel and it kinda worked but if I spent more time on it it would probably work. I have an '85 Monte SS, it's my avatar now.

1979ratrod

Royal Smart Person
Dec 26, 2010
New Hampshire
my friend had the same problem with a set of outlaws, he taped off just the rivets and painted them black, came out pretty decent but if you do do it take some time taping them off

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
layedoutregal said:
go to autozone get blue magic and the power cone, looks like the power ball but cone shaped and a high speed drill will clean them like new,
At one of those surplus stores, I believe it was Excell Cargo, I picked up a couple small polishers. One in the shape of a cylinder and one in the shape of a cone. Very soft material. Something like that would definitely be able to polish around the rivets. Or, you could just get them polished at a rim polishing shop -- they have the necessary tools for the job.

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
I would say paint the area the rivets sit on as a solid stripe with gun metal gray paint. That way they look phased out. I personally do not like those wheels, but its all about using what you got.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
The wheels are obviously a dated design..no offense. However, I like the idea of masking off the rivets and painting the centers black . I think it would help update the wheels to a more current look. Just my $.02.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I had wheels like those and I used a good cleaner and a nail brush. Unless your going to have your car in a show I wouldn't worry about getting them perfect...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor