What Stuff Do You Always Bring With You?

What Stuff Do You Carry?

• Laptop

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PDA

• Cell Phone

• MP3 Player or iPod

• Wallet

• GPS

• Tool Box

• 2 or More of the Above

• 3 or more of the above

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Wheat I mean is, what devices, etc do you always carry on you when you go out? I was thinking about this the other day when I was carrying my laptop in after going to a friend's house. It used to be, all you needed was your wallet and keys. Now, you have laptops, PDA's, iPods, Cell Phones, etc. I am curious as to how much crap everyone else brings with them. Me: Cell Phone, nail clippers, iPod, Laptop (when at school, wireless hot spots, or friend's houses with routers as I do not have internet service), graphing calculator, GPS receiver (for my laptop) and a power inverter. Other than the cell phone and laptop, most of that stuff stays in the truck, but it has become kind of "essential" for me to have it. What I find sad is that the value of the crap I carry is probably worth much more than the truck that I carry it in...lol!

I used to work 20 miles away, and at that time carried a large variety of tools including a OBD II scanner, DVOM and a timing light as well. I managed a Domino's Pizza then and had to fix the driver's cars sometimes so it always paid to be prepared. I did several water pumps, radiators, hoses, batteries, A/C systems and such in the parking lot. I even tore down a Mustang T-5 transmission and replaced a blocking ring in the store room after work one night!

Geesie

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2008
San Diego
Wallet, keys, sunglasses. Sometimes not the wallet, just license and a credit card in a clip.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
knife, wallet, pen.
it also depends on where you're going. if i'm going hiking its spare socks, gps, bigger knife :D , and water.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
it's funny how i can't think of what i carry, cause it's automatic.
keys, smokes and lighter added to the list
wish i could carry a gun. not in NY.

KrisW

G-Body Guru
Oct 24, 2007
Lakeland, FL
hehe

I was gonna say gun, then I remebered that there are lots of communists (I mean democrats) in America now...

twisted

Apprentice
Feb 16, 2008
It's sad to think of all of the "electronic leashes" we have to carry. they are supposed to make life simplier, however I find myself wasting more time on figuring out how to use some of these devices than actually using them as a convience. but that is for another thread

kyhunter89

Greasemonkey
Jul 27, 2007
KY
wallet, cell phone, keys, knife,

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
twisted said:
It's sad to think of all of the "electronic leashes" we have to carry. they are supposed to make life simplier, however I find myself wasting more time on figuring out how to use some of these devices than actually using them as a convience. but that is for another thread

That was actually kind of my point...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor