WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST GBODY ??? POST PICS . LET US KNOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clutch_Grabwell

Greasemonkey
Jun 5, 2007
Millbury, Mass.
My first G-body (or were they still A-bodies?) was a '79 Cutlass Supreme. Silver with a 1/2 black vinyl roof. Chevy 305, Q-Jet and a Saginaw 4-speed with a factory Hurst shifter. Rallye gauges, black bucket seats and no A/C. I'd probably still own it if it had A/C. Brought my older daughter home from the hospital in this car.... 25 years ago. :shock: Sorry, no pictures survive.

Plenty of pictures of the 2nd G. It needs a set of springs (they're in the trunk waiting for next year).
You can read all about in Hemmings Muscle Machines: http://www.hemmings.com/mus/stories/2010/08/01/hmn_feature6.html

DSC_0283.jpg

Bowiemontecarlo86

G-Body Guru
Dec 17, 2011
Tampa fl.
Great stories guys so far loved reading them.
Well my first g~ body was 86 Monte SC 305 200r4 car.got the car for free from my brother after he had drive it for over 3 years.it was his first car and mine as well. He bought the car for 500 bucks put a new brake Master cylinder in and she was perfect. He ended up buying a rodeo and I needed a car so he gave me the keys for my birthday. I loved that car got it when I turned 20 drove it for over 8 years. This year sadly I sent her to the scrap yard after selling what parts I could and keeping some too. I shed s couple tears the day she went on the flat bed. But she was to far gone rust wise for me to do anything with her. Sold the rest for 400 after making over 500 parting it out. Now I got me a new SC 86 also but a4.3 this time.

Here's my baby may she R.I.P.

DSCF0624.jpg

DSCF0626.jpg

sleepycutlasscruzer

Greasemonkey
Oct 9, 2011
detriot
keep em coming

sleepycutlasscruzer

Greasemonkey
Oct 9, 2011
detriot
:bump:

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
This 79 was my first one. Bought it when I was 16.

62767_468646044001_510624001_6370190_7664579_n.jpg

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
My first gbody was a 1980 GP SJ. Sadly I have no pics of it. But it was the most optioned out gbody I've ever seen. To bad I didn't know what I had at the time.

Lets start with the outside. 2 tone burgundy and off white with red pinstripes. Had ALL the chrome, bumper guards etc. Factory 14" wire wheels (not hub caps). Mirrored power glass moon roof. Power AM/FM/CB antenna.

The trunk had all the carpet and insulation. Had the rear seat braces. And it had this black cardboard like stuff that covered the sides and back of the trunk. Also the trailer harness (had the tow package). And I really mean it was insulated good. I tried to put a 15" sub with 300 watt amp in the trunk. But from the interior you couldn't tell it was there.

For the drive train and undercarriage. Was a 301/TH350, rear was 3.08 (or 3.23, not 100% sure on that) limited slip. Had the F-41 package. And a bolt on rear hitch.

Inside was the good part. Burgundy interior. AC (with climate control), PW, PDL, stereo AM/FM/CB/8-track player (also had a factory mount for the CB mic on the dash)), cruise, tilt, full gauge package, and power moon roof (as stated earlier). Split bench seat with power drivers side. Had that little storage thing on the passenger side kick panel. Power trunk release.

I'm sure there was more, but that's all I can think of at the moment. Me and all my friends use to joke and say the original owner must have wanted a Cadillac, but couldn't afford one so he bought a GP fully optioned out lol.

Now for the mods I did to it. Put in a 268H comp cam and lifters. Rebuilt quadrajet and distributor. Had duals with glasspacks installed. Replaced the rear with a 4.11 limited slip rear. And replaced the TH350 with an M-22 4-speed.

To this day, that has been the funnest car I have owned. But sadly, it had all the typical gbody rust, and really bad. And the wiring was failing all over the place so I had to unload it. But if I could go back in time, I would have kept it as a parts car.

ZZ4CutlaSS

Master Mechanic
Jun 11, 2011
Minnesota
This is my first GBody its a 83' Pontiac Grand Prix LJ bought is when I was 17. It had a 72' olds 350 with a turbo 350 trans. It was in mint shape. Had to sell for a more economical vehicle.
Oldcar.jpg

sleepycutlasscruzer

Greasemonkey
Oct 9, 2011
detriot
SWEEt FIRST GBODYS!!!!

Wildmani

Master Mechanic
Sep 17, 2010
Brantford, Ontario, Canada
Hey Doug, that '78 Malibu is the same color as the '79 my Dad bought when I was little. That's the car that gave me the soft spot for these cars. Anybody know what that color was called? Stupid question, I'm sure someone does lol! On a side note, I have a 300HP 350 in pieces in my garage from a '69 Chevy Kingswood wagon that I may be putting in my LeMans, if I don't decide tot go with a ZZ4 crate engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor