Whatcha doin to your car this weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta do some front brake pads this weekend

As soon as I get a horn button,I will be wrapping up my steering wheel switch to a Grant Challenger,in my 84 Elky.And I had to tear out the rats nest wiring job for where a trailer hitch was installed,to plug in & mount an LED light strip.Will finish up my new ignition parts install.Went with new MSD cap & rotor,and ACDelco RAPIDFIRE® Performance Platinum plugs.The old plugs werent real bad,but I do notice a difference with the new ones.Seems to have a bit better accelleration & idling.Hopefully,I'll get better mileage,as well!. On my Vette,I just last nite,fitted a Spectre Performance cold air intake.
IntakeRD.jpg

im working on my checkmate senator boat and getting the mustang mach 1 running since winter storage. my oldsmobiles have been really good to me lately. if you spend enough $ on them there happy LOL. i just need drag tires and the 455 cutty is done and hitting the track in a few weeks

Got my wiper switch replaced finally!
Hooked everything back up to test before I button it back up, and it's a 2 speed switch instead of a delay!! God Dammit!
Well screw it, I have one wiper speed, and I never use the washers anyways... I'm not taking it back apart! :x

Try not to hit it with flaming projectiles! 😀

Pulled the seat, rugs and door panels off my 78 elky. Cleaned up the floor, removed all the old cracked joint & seam sealer. Painted the floor with silver POR15 and sealed the seams with 3M Fast n' Firm sealer.
Recovered the seat with a new PUI Dk. Carmine vinyl cover and installed an ACC carpet with rubber backing and jute padding. New PUI upper door panels and new reproduction lower door panels. Still need to put the carpet strips on the door panels and put the NOS dash in and paint a few trim pieces but its looking much more presentable now. Still have the new bumpers to put on. I hope to get the bumpers done tomorrow. Started it on Thursday and was hoping to be a bit further along by now but had to wait for things to dry and rain to stop. Seems like it rains every day here! Was dry all day today though.

IMG_0547.jpg

Might throw the battery back in the Bu and go wash it and beat the snot out of it. Most likely will replace the intake gasket on the 97 Yukon I picked up. If that takes care of the "issues" it has, i'll be posted pics of the deal I got.

what havent i done this weekend. since fridy morning ive put more hours into my monte than i think i worked last week. got the converter lock up completly wired up, got and installed the inspection cover for the 700r4, helicoiled a trans pan thread, strightened out some wiring, ran my plug wires, made it run, finished patching the rear rails, installed the drive shaft plus some other things. managed to squeeze in two car shows plus fireworks with the woman. tommorow painting the rear section of frame, install the rest of the exhaust, finish up some loose ends under the hood, and probably wont be able to drive it still, because of the 700r4 kickdown cable having no idea how to set it up, and great fear in grenading my trans after all this work because of the wrong adjusments.

87GP said:
Pulled the seat, rugs and door panels off my 78 elky. Cleaned up the floor, removed all the old cracked joint & seam sealer. Painted the floor with silver POR15 and sealed the seams with 3M Fast n' Firm sealer.
Recovered the seat with a new PUI Dk. Carmine vinyl cover and installed an ACC carpet with rubber backing and jute padding. New PUI upper door panels and new reproduction lower door panels. Still need to put the carpet strips on the door panels and put the NOS dash in and paint a few trim pieces but its looking much more presentable now. Still have the new bumpers to put on. I hope to get the bumpers done tomorrow. Started it on Thursday and was hoping to be a bit further along by now but had to wait for things to dry and rain to stop. Seems like it rains every day here! Was dry all day today though.

IMG_0547.jpg
Looks great! Are U gonna replace the seatbelts,as well? :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor